Topic: my fire face 800 output isn't registering on my new M1imac computer

my iMac computer just kick my fire face 800 output off it works on my older model computers just not this iMac m1 computer. it was working at first then out of no where I just couldn't use it any more any ideas why ? I updated to the latest update for the rme fire face driver but nothing seeming to work. help please

Re: my fire face 800 output isn't registering on my new M1imac computer

Maybe this one?

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=33277

Otherwise you need to give a lot more details.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I have what I believe is the same issue.

Here's the setup:
- 2021 Macbook Pro M1max, macOS 12.0.1 Monterey
- RME Fireface 800 (Unit v2.77)
- Connection: fw 800 cable => Apple FW800 to Thunderbolt 2 adapater => Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 USBC adapter
- Fireface Settings & Kernel: v3.41

The first few minutes of use seem completely perfect. All I/O functioning correctly.
But out of nowhere, the analog outputs cut out, and not all at once. The headphone out might go out first. Maybe it's just the L channel of the main stereo out. Sometimes ALL of the analog outputs stop sending a signal.

This is all visible in the Total Mix software meters. You can see the analog inputs are working just fine, but the outputs are not. I can still record into my DAW, but cannot hear some or any output channels.

I monitored the Apple Console but could not find any useful errors or faults that seemed related, but I'm not too good at analyzing that information.

Hope this helps clarify. I hope I can find a solution, I love these Firefaces I own! Thanks for your time. smile

4 (edited by TX-Jdub 2021-12-28 23:35:02)

Not sure if it helps, but my setups so far has been working fine without any analog outputs cutting out. 
Here's my setup:
2021 MacBook Pro M1max, macOS 12.1
Fireface 800 v2.77 fw + 3.41 RME driver
Connection: MBP --> Thunderbolt 3 Cable --> Startech TB3 PCI expansion Chassis (TB31PCIEX16) --> Ableconn PEX-FW107 PCIe Firewire card (w/ TI XIO2213 chip) --> FW 800 Cable --> Fireface 800 --> S/PDIF Digital Out cable --> Dangerous Music D-Box --> Yamaha HS50M Speakers

I see normal behavior in TotalMix and settings hold/save and I am able to recall my levels in TotalMix and make settings in the FF settings app, and my DAW (Logic) has thus far recorded on two inputs without any issues, and I have done a limited amount of mixing through my Fireface 800 without hearing any pops or drop outs.  My buffer during mixing is usually 512-1024 samples, during recording I've been doing 32 and sometimes 64 samples buffer.