1 (edited by Glenn L. 2021-08-22 22:54:34)

Topic: M1 mini issue

Hi there,
I have a little problem with the OS11 driver. It doesn't stay put in the background, either Totalmix or USB settings. I do not have 'stay on top' enabled and looked in the prefs to see if there was something I could do but I'm stumped. They just keep jumping out after I quit another program. It's annoyed me enough, lol.
Also, when I play a computer game it goes to 48k and doesn't return to 44,1k  when I quit the game.
Help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Glenn

Re: M1 mini issue

1 I didn't understand, or never saw something like this.

2 is fully normal and there is no way for this to be different. When the game changes the sample rate then it is set to that new value, and the OS will not return it to the previous value later on. Why should it do that?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi, You must be in Thailand, or a night owl!
Ok about the second. I never knew that because the Totalmix and USB settings would flash upon boot on my old Intel iMac (late 2015) and basically disappear unless I brought the pages up myself. It was set and forget on that machine. Now on the M1, the interfaces keep popping back up especially when I quit other programs. I quit the USB settings app, but it comes back. I don't quit totalmix, because I use the remote for the headphones off and on, etc. I close the Totalmix window, and it pops back. I'm on the latest OS 11.5.2, but this has been going on a while. It's just now that I'm fine tuning the new machine and troubleshooting, this is one of the problems I'm trying to shoot…

1. Both! smile

2. No one ever mentioned that here, nor did we notice it so far in our testing. That is quite mysterious. A logical (yet strange) explanation would be that every time you close a program the unit is removed (ejected), then automatically detected again. That would cause the apps to open their windows. You could do the closing stuff while the Settings dialog is open. It should vanish and come back. That would prove that theory.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME