Topic: Driver corruption - WIN 10/Cubase 10 Pro/Fireface UC

The problem is straightforward: Every 2-3 hours audio playback is abruptly scrambled. The project is saved and Cubase shut down, then the project is restarted and all is fine for the next 2-3 hours. This is using driver version 1.2.12.0, the latest as far as I know. When the driver is switched to Asio4All V2, the problem disappears. Of course this driver lacks many features of the RME version, but allows me to keep working.

What are my options?

Re: Driver corruption - WIN 10/Cubase 10 Pro/Fireface UC

All you need to do is reset the ASIO driver within Cubase.

To fix this analyze your computer's performance: use different USB ports, check error display in Settings dialog, use Latency Mon...hundreds of threads about this here...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

LatencyMon says my system is fine for real time audio.

By "changing USB ports” do you mean the port the Fireface is connected to? Forgive the naive questions, I am a musician and don’t understand sound card tech.

Any particular error counts I should be watching for?

1. Yes, you have more than one, they will behave differently.

2. Just check if the number changes from 0 when you run into the problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The elephant in the room here is that the problem only happens with the RME driver, completely disappears with Asio4All. Surely this means something with respect to cause? Not a bug necessarily, but a sensitivity of the RME driver to some system conditions? Who in RME tech support would know?

ASIO4All is a wrapper which also brings more buffering. So it's not a valid comparison nor a useful one. This is a computer performance problem, not one in our driver.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME