1 (edited by QuoVadis 2021-08-29 14:00:17)

Topic: [Solved] Flash update doesn't stick, HDSPe AIO Pro

Trying to update the firmware for a new HDSPe AIO Pro on a Win10 machine (AMD Ryzen 5000).

The HDSPe Flash Update Tool (pcie_fut.exe) recognizes the card. When clicking on the button "Update", the tool updates the firmware as expected, from revision 16 to revision 21, states the update completed sucessfully and requests a power off. I turn off the computer, starts it again and runs the Flash Update Tool again. The tool still states the current revision is 16 and the programming status is "not updated".

Latest driver is installed. What's going on here?

Cheers,
   Chris

Re: [Solved] Flash update doesn't stick, HDSPe AIO Pro

Seems the card does not lose power. That must happen for the update to activate.

Just shut down, unplug the wall power for the PC, then briefly pull the card from the PCIe slot. Plug it back in and power on your PC. Then you should see the new firmware version in the HDSPe Settings app.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks Jeff for your reply, appreciated!

I had earlier unplugged the computer from power to no avail. Did now also unplug the card from the pcie slot as you suggested. Still stuck on revision 16. Very strange.

I could try to switch pcie slot. Doubt it works, but never say never...

Any onther suggestions? Faulty card? Faulty Flash tool? Is there an earlier version of the Flash Tool available?

Cheers,

Chris

Patience is required ... my previous update just showed up 'all of a sudden' a few days later after a further reboot, despite the fact I had followed the instructions to the letter just after updating the firmware.

Thanks oldon, that could indeed be good to know!

No change in firmware version status yet though! Perhaps the card is running the new firmware version but the status byte has not been updated, could be a trillion causes...

Will contact RME support directly if this situation persists.

Cheers,

Chris

I am happy to report that the firmware is now updated to the latest revision 21! smile

Since I use headphones I also have had the system sound routed to the RME card output. Routing the system sound back to the motherboard's integrated audio module solved to problem. I don't know why that helped, I hope RME will look into that so the problem can be avoided all together in the future.

Cheers,

Chris