Topic: 2x Digiface USB, as an aggregated device

Hello, we have such a problem ...
some time ago we used iMac with OS Mojave and had aggregated five sound cards (3x Motu AVB and 2x Digiface USB). Everything was fine, everything worked, sound without mistakes. Now we have switched to the Mac Mini M1 with BigSur (11.2.3) and when the same aggregation is involved, there is a strong rattle, a throttle, when the sound cards can no longer be used. However, if only one Digiface and 3x Motu are used, everything is fine and the sound is again without errors.
You have no idea why you can't in BigSur resp. M1, use both Digiface at once?
Thank you for the info.
j&r

Re: 2x Digiface USB, as an aggregated device

The USB 2 bus might be overloaded. Or you changed the hardware setup so that the 2 DF USB are no longer synced.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: 2x Digiface USB, as an aggregated device

Hi, after some time of testing, I found out that the second (last) RME Digiface needs to be set to Internal (Master Sync was previously Motu 1248) and then there are no more sound artifacts and 3x MOTU + 2x Digiface work in aggregation without a problem. But even so, it happens once in about 15 minutes, a small, but really only small and one flake. However, if the Master is any other sound card (even the first Digiface), then after a while there will be noise and a squeak and the synchronization will go out).
What's bigger problem I've found is that the driver for the second DF doesn't load automatically when the MacMini M1 is turned on, so the DF doesn't work (the first one is fine and always works). It is therefore necessary to unplug and reinsert the USB cable. Even restart does not work. If DF has been running for some time and I restart the computer, the driver will load without a problem. It only bothers him when starting the computer, when it was turned off, as if he didn't have time to load into the system.
Greetings...
j&r