When looking e.g. at UFX+'s last Firmware and USB driver updates for Windows ...
Looks fair enough ... what do you expect more ?
- 25.06.21: last firmware update(s) (Readme from: fut_madifacenet_win.zip)
RME Intelligent Audio Solutions
Fireface UFX+, Digiface AVB, Digiface Dante
USB Flash Update Tool for Windows 7/8/10
Requires driver 0.9685 or higher
This Flash Update Tool will update the internal firmware to the following versions:
Fireface UFX+: Thunderbolt 109, USB 54, DSP 46
Digiface AVB: 239
Digiface Dante: 39
06/25/2021: UFX+ V 109/54/46. USB 2.0 did not work on some devices since version USB 53. Digiface AVB 239: Improved behavior of SteadyClock, PLL and phase control - brings faster sync to CRF format and corrected position of word clock edge and more. Input streams that are not in sync are muted.
06/01/2021: Digiface Dante V 39. Since v38 the stand-alone mode (MADI Dante converter) did not work anymore.
04/15/2021: Added mute which suppresses click noise when switching Single/Double/Quad speed while input monitoring is active. DURec: improved detection of connected USB devices with corrected error output for unusable devices. RF-64 files smaller than 2 GB can now be played. General: improved display switching when changing volumes on the host. Slightly less acceleration of encoders for better operation. Equalization of the level meter display of the phones levels at mono setting (High/Low).
03/22/2021: Digiface AVB V 230: Improved Mac adress.
03/18/2021: Digiface AVB V 229: Improved phase control of SteadyClock in Double and Quad Speed. V 228: Improved generation of the Entity ID to make sure it is unique.
03/09/2021: Digiface AVB V 227: Statistics counter improvements - requires RME AVB Controller 0.9550 or higher. When clocking to an AVB stream but without a valid input signal, a valid word clock signal is now available at the output. An output CRF stream is fixed to Single Speed (CRF96). Frequency information of incoming CRF streams is ignored. Several improvements in the AVB part of the clock circuit, like more accurate base frequencies, reduced jitter, improved phase control.
01/21/2021: UFX+: DSP V 45 USB V 52. Fixes double or not successfull boot into the desired interface mode. State of DIM is set upon boot. Digiface AVB: Adds support for statistic counters for improved Milan compatibility. Requires RME AVB Controller 0.9548 or higher. Statistic counters can be viewed through Hive.
09/17/2020: Digiface Dante V 37: Number of mixer nodes increased from 2048 to 4096. Requires TotalMix FX version 1.66 or higher.
05/13/2020: Digiface AVB V 219: Bugfix MAAP protocol did not work in version 217
05/08/2020: Digiface AVB V 217: Prevents possible CRC32 errors on slower FPGAs. UFX+ V 105/51/44: Bugfix CC mode, Clock setting was not possible from the iPad. Improved data flow control in asynchronous Class Compliant mode which now works perfectly even with critical hosts, and also brings improved varipitch lock with external clocking.
04/06/2020: Digiface AVB V 216 Improved compatibility to RME's M-series.
01/31/2020: Digiface AVB V 215: Supports routing for Milan compatibility
12/30/2019: Digiface AVB V 213: Improved compatibility to Luminex switches. Improved behaviour with non-matching external clock and when changing the Grandmaster.
12/13/2019: Digiface AVB V 210: AAF now supports formats with more than 16 channels. Sync flag added for the CRF format. Added support for setting the Presentation Time Offset per stream in nanoseconds (compatible to Milan).
06/12/2019: Digiface AVB V 206: Now supports 64 channels (instead of 60) at 192 kHz (requires TotalMix FX 1.61 in driver 0.9685 or higher). Various performance improvements.
Digiface Dante V 36: Increased compatibility of the coaxial MADI Out. MIDI over MADI for MADI I/O added. Attention: This firmware version requires Net driver version 0.9406 or higher! Older driver versions are no longer compatible.
UFX+: Increased compatibility of the coaxial MADI Out.
01/10/2019: Digiface AVB v203: GET_AVB_INFO completed. Float format added to USB interface (not AVB) for upcoming Mac support.
12/04/2018: Digiface AVB v202 completes the support for Milan.
11/14/2018: Digiface AVB v194 adds basic support for Milan.
11/05/2018: Added Digiface AVB and Digiface Dante.
V 50/42/102. USB3 version 50: Fixed support for the USB3 power save state U3 (broken functionality after Standby, mainly on newer Macs).
V 49/42/102. FX Send right channel had no audio. USB 2.0 Class Compliant Firmware timing improved.
V 47/41/100. DSP Firmware 41: Termination of the coaxial MADI In revised. DURec with ARC USB: Stop of the recording now requires to hit the Stop button 2 times. Extended timer to stay in DURec screen after connecting the USB record medium.
V 47/39/100. TB Firmware 100, USB 47: inverted phase for word clock in and out.
V 46/39/99: USB firmware 46: MIDI data present at the MIDI input port during boot of the device caused the MIDI port to become unusable.
V 44/39/99: Thunderbolt firmware 99: Display showed wrong FX Input Level Meter at Double and Quad Speed.
V 44/39/98: USB 3 workaround added for Surface Book / GenesysLogic USB Hub compatibility. Reduced resources for USB 2 improves compatibility with other devices on the same USB port. Fixed failing flash process when record/playback is active. Display changes to Volume screen when changing Volume at the host, also via ARC USB connected to the computer.
Recorded wav files now include source and channel info. To keep and make use of this info after processing them with the Wav File Batch Processor an updated version is available on the RME Website. Added new play modes: Repeat single, Repeat all, Single next (plays the current track and switches to the next one without playing it). Added new transport buttons: Previous file / Next file. These are shown in playback mode instead of Del and Record. With Pause active Previous/Next works without starting playback. Improved compatibility of DURec playback function. New functions Next/Previous added for stand-alone operation with ARC USB (buttons Snap 7 and Snap 8).
12/22/2016, V 40/37/98: MIDI over MADI Thunderbolt: Fixed bug in the MIDI inputs, that could cause a complete failure of the MIDI functionality. Audio transfer Tunderbolt: improved interrupt control. In previous versions the whole audio function could stop working.
12/14/2016, V 40/37/94: Show 'Record Disabled' on the first Record screen. Optimized changing the sample rate in stand-alone mode. Improved handling of Mute Groups on outputs and Speaker B. Bugfix for left channel mix settings set incorrectly when changing from stereo to mono in TotalMix FX. DSP load optimized.
09/05/2016: First public release to update the UFX+ to DSP v34.
How to use:
Start fut_usbplus_avb_dante.exe. The program will show you the current revision of your unit, and whether it needs an update or not. If so, then simply press the 'Update' button. A progress bar will indicate when the flash process is finished (Verify Ok).
If more than one unit is installed, all units can be flashed by changing to the next tab and repeating the process.
After the update the unit needs to be reset. This is done by powering down the unit for a few seconds. A reboot of the computer is not necessary.
When the update fails (status: failure), the unit's second BIOS will be used from the next cold boot on (Secure BIOS Technology). Therefore the unit stays fully functional. The flash process should then be tried again on a different computer.
Copyright RME 06/2021
All rights reserved. Windows 7/8/10 are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Fireface UFX+ is a trademark of RME Germany.
- 14.04.21: last USB driver update(s) for UFX+ under Windows (README from file: driver_madiface_win_09735.zip)
RME Intelligent Audio Solutions
MADIface XT / USB / Pro, Fireface UFX+ / UFX II, OctaMic XTC, ADI-2 Pro/AE/FS/DAC, Digiface USB / AVB / Dante
Driver for Windows 7/8/10 32/64
Important information: Driver version 0.9735
The firmware update is not possible unless the driver had been installed before.
Follow the instructions of the RME Driver Install Wizard. This tool installs/updates all driver files. After that attach the device (in case of first time installation) or reboot (in case of an update) the computer.
News, changes and fixes
V 0.9735 (04/13/2021)
- unpack option /manual works again
New in TotalMix FX 1.72:
- Fixed a multi-device state save issue introduced in 1.70 B5
- Fixed an internal messaging error that could cause the current state not to be saved on shutdown in certain setting configurations (for example Host server active or MIDI in use)
- Improved multi-device support to ensure the numbering in Settings dialog and TM FX are synced in any case, including manual sort-order changes, and that ASIO Direct Monitoring uses the correct interface.
- Some text improvements (Locator, flashing settings of the Digiface Dante…)
- Preferences, Do not load: Selecting ‘Control Room Settings’ now includes the CRM mute states
- Loading Quick Workspaces via OSC is now supported. This is a non-paged function, see the updated OSC table, http://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/osc_table_totalmix_new.zip
V 0.9734 (11/24/2020)
New in TotalMix FX 1.67:
- Internal optimizations
V 0.9728 (10/20/2020)
- Multi-interface setup ASIO: Changing the sort order (Settings dialog, About) caused ADM to address the wrong interface. Requires TotalMix FX 1.70 (via forum) or higher for full functionality.
New in TotalMix FX 1.67:
- Version 1.66 did not recognize the current Fireface UC (generation 2) anymore
V 0.9723 (09/18/2020)
- ASIO: Optimized memory check routine for full compatibility and performance as with version 0.9721
New in TotalMix FX 1.66:
- Extended mixer for Digiface Dante (maximum number of nodes raised from 2048 to 4096). Requires firmware 37 for full node count.
- Only Thunderbolt UFX+: ASIO Direct Monitoring did not work with Thunderbolt.
- Optimized shut down procedure. This is another attempt to reduce the harmless but annoying crash message of TM FX that some users experience when shutting down the computer.
V 0.9722 (08/18/2020)
- Bug fix ASIO: Pause mode could cause BSOD on Surprise Removal with Windows 10 2004.
V 0.9716 (03/06/2020)
- Bug fix UFX+: Clock Source MADI did not work (since 0.9700)
V 0.9700 (11/12/2019)
New in TotalMix FX 1.63:
- Babyface: OSC SetBankStart did not work as expected
- UFX II / UFX+: fixes mute issue of Speaker B when assigned to An 1/2
- UFX II / UFX+: fixes pan issue when swapping channels of a software playback via mono channel pans and Snapshots
- UFX II / UFX+: Hides Hi/Low button of Phones 10 in mono mode
- ARC USB: new option 'Push-off or-on' for Talkback
- Digiface AVB: increased number of channels in Quad Speed mode to 64
V 0.9685 (06/25/2019)
News, changes and fixes
- Added support for MIDI over MADI for MADI I/O of Digiface Dante (requires firmware 36)
New in TotalMix FX 1.61:
- ARC USB: New option Push-Off
- ARC USB: Refresh problem of Key settings fixed
- ARC USB: Key settings cleanly initialized (change push to encoder)
- ARC USB: Phantom and Inst did not light up the respective button when active
- Digiface Dante: Number of channels increased to 64 at 192 kHz
- Improved OSC start behaviour with delayed WiFi detection
- Fireface 800: Flashes all 28 channels as current state into the unit
- New command line option /nc prevents the confirmation dialog when loading workspaces via command line
V 0.9684 (04/23/2019)
- Bug fix Digiface Dante WDM recording: the WDM record devices 5/6 and 7/8 received the signal 5/6, all channels above 7/8 were shifted by 2 channels.
V 0.9681 (02/25/2019)
New in TotalMix FX 1.6:
- Settings for External Input and current PFL mode are no longer changed per Snapshot.
- Solo/PFL have now priority over the Mute state of an input channel.
- Settings, Mixer: New option 'Exclusive Solo/PFL Mode'
- Settings, Mixer: New option '2-Row Mode with only Input in first row'
- Settings, Aux Devices: Increased number of Aux device channel banks to 24, so that MADIface XT and HDSPe MADI FX can control an Octamic XTC even on MADI port 3.
- Preferences, Mixer Views: New option 'Store channel open/close state in Layout Preset'.
- Preferences, Snapshots: new 'do not load' options 'Main Volume, Main/Phones Volume, Control Room Settings'.
- Preferences, New Option 'Store Settings for all users'. So far every user had his own TM FX state/settings. This option now allows to have the same settings for all users.
- Added full support for multi-user operation. On a user change TM FX will automatically close and reopen. According to the above option it then loads either specific settings for the current user, or the same settings for all users.
- Menu File: New option 'Preload all snapshots'. Loads the 8 snapshots of a workspace into the Snapshot section, but does not activate any of them. Other settings within the workspace file (window position etc.) are ignored.
- Matrix: Shift + click to change phase, Ctrl + click to mute (or double click) on the vertical channel name columns.
- ARC USB: added new mode 'Push-or'. Allows for example to activate Talkback with a button and the footswitch without blocking each other.
- ARC USB, Usage: supports SysEx mode (requires firmware update of the ARC USB). Additional option to disable the former mode. Firmware download:
- A locked user interface still allowed the double-click on a fader
- In rare situations the Mismatch message could cause a crash.
- Fixes different levels (0.05 dB) in level meters
V 0.9680 (11/05/2018)
- Minor improvement with storing WDM format
- Digiface Dante: Fixed the Settings dialog in USB2 mode
V 0.9673 (06/23/2018)
- WDM format restricted to 2-channel (stereo) and up to 7.1-channel (Multi-channel). Therefore the current setting stays even after reboot.
- Fix for Digiface USB WDM Phones Out at Double and Quad Speed
- Added support for Digiface AVB and Digiface Dante
V 0.9654 (05/07/2018)
- ASIO I/O latency values for ADI-2 Pro and DAC corrected
New in TotalMix FX 1.50 (3):
- Fixed Windows shutdown problem
- Increased number of Aux Devices to 16
- Fixed potential crash cause when the number of channels change
- Removed left-over context menu entries in DAW mode
- Supports TotalMix Remote via TCP/IP
- Fix Peak Hold Time setting
- Try to recreate Z-order of multiple TM FX windows
- Fix TM FX crash when ADM is active and sample rate is changed to DS/QS
- Fix ADM problem of UFX+ at double speed
- ARC USB is freed after 3 seconds when not assigned to any interface (use it as remote for other tasks)
- Supports Shift key for fine fader control
- Wheel rotation is now locked to the fader's travel position, unless going over the top and bottom
- Added storing/loading of ARC USB presets
- Toggle TM FX open/close via hotkey or ARC USB
- Added Inst and +48V for ARC USB buttons
- New option to remote TotalMix FX via TCP/IP (Ethernet, WiFi). See included PDF. Requires additional download of TotalMix Remote for Windows, MacOS or iOS.
News, changes and fixes
V 0.9653 (03/29/2018)
- ASIO: fixed a crash with Cubase after Surprise Removal
V 0.9650 (03/09/2018)
- General: fixed memory leak with the Surprise Removal function
News, changes and fixes
V 0.9634 (02/01/2018)
- UFX+ USB 3.0: The option 'ISO Record' in the Settings dialog did not switch from Bulk mode to isochronous streaming with the UFX+. This is necessary with current AMD computers (Ryzen), as their Bulk mode is fragile for audio transmissions.
- ADI-2 DAC: The record channels have been renamed from Analog to SPDIF.
V 0.9619 (01/08/2018)
- Using more than one interface, the order of the ASIO channels can now be defined in the Settings dialog, tab About, with two different sorting methods. This feature brings them into the desired order, and also prevents random changes, for example after reboot.
- Change in the Installer to prevent ASIO rights problems with non-admin accounts
V 0.9616 (11/27/2017)
Adds support for the ADI-2 DAC.
V 0.9613 (10/04/2017)
The option 'Limit ASIO to 32 channels' was constantly active in some cases.
V 0.9612 (08/25/2017)
This driver update supports the latest flash update tool that updates the OctaMic XTC to v 47/26.
V 0.9611 (07/06/2017)
TotalMix FX 1.43:
- ARC USB: re-plugging the ARC USB could cause a jump in volume
- ARC: Speaker B fader behavior in unlink mode
For ARC USB:
- Added Recall Volume (Main Out)
- Added Play - Next File, Play - Previous File (DURec UFX+/UFX II)
Supports DURec Update for UFX+ and UFX II (requires firmware update as well):
- Added new play modes: Repeat single, Repeat all, Single next (plays the current track and switches to the next one without playing it).
- Added new transport buttons: Previous file / Next file. With Pause active Previous/Next works without starting playback.
- The list of files on the medium is no longer blocked during record/playback. During playback this also allows to pre-select the next file to be played.
- The DURec Info dialog entry 'Remaining Time' now shows the same info as the unit as 'Remain (Rec.)' - the remaining time of the current recording (which is limited to 100 files), not the theoretical max record time of the medium.
An updated Wave File Batch Processor 1.2 is available on the RME website, handling the new DURec meta data as described in the updated manuals of UFX+ and UFX II.
Previous changes in TotalMix FX 1.42:
- Digiface USB: in the third row the over indicator did not work
- Basic and Advanced Remote: stutter/jitter behavior when changing volume fixed
- The currently loaded Channel Layout is now visible because the respective button stays lit
- Extended OSC commands as described in this thread, post 6:
V 0.9610 (04/27/2017)
- ADI-2 Pro: Bugfix ASIO native record did not work with some programs
V 0.9609 (03/30/2017)
- MADIface USB: Switching off TMS removes the information from MADI input channel 2
New in TotalMix FX 1.41:
- Digiface USB: in the third row the over indicator did not work
V 0.9606 (02/17/2017)
- ASIO native record/playback for DSD added
V 0.9590 (12/15/2016)
- WDM device names fixed
- WDM record devices SPDIF and AES were swapped
- Removed Microsoft sAPO at 352.8/384 kHz - not supported from Windows
- Added WASAPI format 32 bit
- Removed obsolete 4/6/8 channel formats
- ASIO buffer size 32k did not work correctly
- Input Status in Settings dialog showed wrong channel count in Double Speed mode
- WDM: Playback channels no longer activated as Speaker as default
- New option 'Limit ASIO to 32 channels' on the About tab
- Fix crash of ASIO on surprise removal
New in TotalMix FX 1.40:
- Improved operation and robustness of the MIDI I/O functionality (remote), including device removal and sleep/wake scenarios.
- The name of the currently loaded Workspace and Snapshot file, and also the currently loaded Quick Workspace, are shown in the title bar.
- Added full support for multi-interface operation of the upcoming ARC USB.
- Changed some menu entries to better match their meaning/function.
- Gain settings text fixed
- Fixed the 'FX Send' text in various dialogs
- Fixed a bug with scrambled text in routing menus when using Trim and selecting a different submix
- DAW mode dialog: replaced Abbrechen with Cancel.
- Fix: when deactivating the Aux Device remote control with an XTC and the Tools panel is open, Gain was reset to 0.
- Aux Devices on UFX+ now covers all 8 MADI 8-channel groups
- Fixed an issue with Mute groups and Speaker B mutes on Mains/Speaker B.
- Global Mute display issue: on UFX+ only mutes on the output channels caused a brighter state
- Global Mute display issue: wrong color scheme at 135% zoom
- Connecting a unit TM FX windows now return to their former zoom state
- Changing the main outs via OSC remote was not communicated to the remote when 'Submix linked to MIDI control' was off.
- Several smaller fixes and improvements for smooth operation.
V 0.9583 (11/10/2016)
- Improved compatibility of installer and driver files to any OS version
- Digitally signed for Windows 7, 8 und 10 (including Redstone)
- Bugfix ASIO: ADAT channels were not reduced at Double and Quad Speed
New in TotalMix FX 1.35:
- The minimum delay time for Echo has been reduced to 0 for MADIface Pro. Note that the lowest real delay is the current ASIO buffer size x 2, because this devices render the FX on the host CPU.
- General improvement on stability when TM FX is already running and a device is switched on
- Phantom power and mic gain can now be controlled via page 1 when OSC is set to use 8 channels
- Cue via remote control now works even when 'Cue/PFL to' is not set to Main (but Phones etc)
- OSC settings could crash when many mono channels were configured
V 0.9574 (10/11/2016)
- Bugfix UFX+ ASIO: ADAT Channels were not reduced at Double and Quad Speed.
V 0.9573 (10/05/2016)
- Reupload. Additionally signed for Windows 7 and 8.
V 0.9573 (09/22/2016)
- Various improvements and fixes for the ADI-2 Pro and UFX+ release
- Supports the OctaMic XTC (WDM / ASIO). Requires firmware version 46!
- Signed for Windows 10 Redstone
V 0.9554 (07/22/2016)
- Adds support for the ADI-2 Pro and the UFX+
- Settings dialog could not be started from an external ASIO host
New in TotalMix FX 1.31:
- Improved Mono output support for ASIO Direct Monitoring.
- Support for more than 8 channels in OSC. An additional setting now allows to select 8 (default), 12, 16 or 24 channels.
- An OSC remote can be assigned to a specific submix.
- DAW mode added. This simplified alternative interface is for anyone performing all monitoring and routing within the DAW software, so not using TotalMix FX. The DAW mode restarts TM FX into a simpler version with just two rows, no playback row, and no mixing faders in the input row. Routing is 1:1 only. Just gain, phantom power control (if existing) and hardware output levels can be set.
Copyright RME 04/2021
All rights reserved. Windows 7/8/10 are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. ASIO is a trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH.
X10SRi-F, E5-1650v4, Win10Pro21H2, Cub10Pro, UFX+, XTC, 12Mic, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT