Topic: [Solved] Problem with Digiface USB Phones output

Hi,
I have a problem with the headphone output on Digiface USB. The drivers are the latest version, along with the firmware (driver_madiface_win_09735, hardware version 17). No matter what software I use (VLC, Windows Media Player - WDM driver, Cubase - ASIO driver), there is a click/pop or a few clicks in the beginning and in the end of the sound (regardless the sound source: a VST Instrument, a sample, audio file). The same symptom also occurs when I connect a digital mixer and input audio from it to the PC via ADAT. The same clicks/pops also occur when I lower or raise the fader to/from INFINITY or when I press MUTE on TotalMix (on the channel with the audio currently active or the main output). They are audible only through the PHONES output (the audio through ADAT outputs doesn't have these clicks/pops).  I checked the Digiface on three different PCs (2 with Win10 and 1 with Win7) but the clicks are still there. I have installed an older version of the drivers (driver_madiface_win_09685) but the symptoms are the same. It looks as if these clicks are present in the beginning of "the audio data stream" and in the end of it. I am attaching screenshots and a video. I've recorded the audio file from the Digiface headphones output on a different computer (with a different audio interface) using Cubase. In the video you can see and hear the clicks. Is it a firmware related problem or have I received a faulty device? Has anybody else had this problem?

https://youtu.be/BZDHoy8AvHg

https://images90.fotosik.pl/535/a8ba5a1beb89b9cd.jpg

https://images89.fotosik.pl/535/646feb8842ff7d9c.jpg

Thank you for your help in advance.
Best regards,
Alex

2 (edited by waedi 2021-09-05 21:58:10)

Re: [Solved] Problem with Digiface USB Phones output

If you can do a test on a mac and the issue is still there then most likely the headphone amp is broken.
I have a Digiface, never had any issue, but always on mac.
And of course check for new firmware.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by spacelead 2021-09-05 22:21:06)

Unfortunately I don't have access to the mac. My Digiface is brand new. I've bought it few days ago. It has latest firmware version (version 17).

Fix found, new firmware upcoming.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you Matthias for your quick response. Waiting for new firmware. Regards, Alex

Firmware 18 is now available from our website.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Firmware updated to version 18. Now headphone output works fine. Thank you for great customer service.

Best regards,
Alex

How do I know which PCB version is in my DigifaceUSB.?

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

Firmware version. All new units were shipped with v17.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

smile Thnx!

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_