1 (edited by jonas.thornvall 2021-09-10 09:58:31)

Topic: Digi96 monitor while recording

Hello i use a bit of vintage gear PCI digi96 in Windows XP, and i was trying to get Cooledit pro up and running with my Digi96.

I just use the analog in/out  for now (although have a Tascam FW1884 and Korg168RC), So i got monitor for inputs working by checking in cooledit. But as soon i press record there is no monitor sound, is that normal surely digi96 able to echo to outputs what is over the line in while recording?

Or do i need another card to monitor, if so what does it mean must the playup be upon that other card?
What oldschool DAW was best suited/supported by digi96 pci?

JT

Re: Digi96 monitor while recording

This is only a DAW issue, you have to enable monitoring while recording.
To prevent feedback this is often off by default.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

This is only a DAW issue, you have to enable monitoring while recording.
To prevent feedback this is often off by default.

The problem is that the feature monitoring record level turns of as soon you hit record.

4 (edited by waedi 2021-09-11 16:25:40)

User manual Cooledit Pro 2 page 213 :

Monitor Record Level
Checking this option will activate the Level Meters and start monitoring the recording source, which is useful for setting levels before recording. To quit monitoring, press the Stop control or uncheck “Monitor Record Level” on the Options menu.
edit :
i think this editor is a nice editor with a record function but not useful as a DAW as most use it with all kind of functions.

It may not offer monitoring while recording.
Give Reaper a try, it's the big hit.
Have you considered monitoring thru Totalmix (the monitoring tool of your soundcard) ?

waedi wrote:

User manual Cooledit Pro 2 page 213 :

Monitor Record Level
Checking this option will activate the Level Meters and start monitoring the recording source, which is useful for setting levels before recording. To quit monitoring, press the Stop control or uncheck “Monitor Record Level” on the Options menu.
edit :
i think this editor is a nice editor with a record function but not useful as a DAW as most use it with all kind of functions.

It may not offer monitoring while recording.
Give Reaper a try, it's the big hit.
Have you considered monitoring thru Totalmix (the monitoring tool of your soundcard) ?

I bought the card a year ago, unfortunately there was no CD with it.
So i just have the drivers.

JT

Totalmix is the driver.
there is nothing on a CD that you couldn't download from the RME website.