1 (edited by Ninbura 2021-09-13 02:19:25)

Topic: Solo doesn't override mute on UFX+

Not sure if I'm running into a bug here or if this is by design, on my Digiface USB solo overrides mute, but on both of my UFX+ units it doesn't (one via TB the other USB 3.0).

I've relied on this function in the past, any way to enable this or something?

MADI FX, Fireface UFX+, ADI-648, HDSPe RayDAT, ADI-192 DD

Re: Solo doesn't override mute on UFX+

Since TM FX 1.6:

- Solo/PFL have now priority over the Mute state of an input channel.

But: This feature is not available for UFX II and UFX+.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Ninbura 2021-09-13 03:37:55)

Dang... this must be a hardware limitation then?

Seems strange on such a high end unit, really unfortunate, not sure what I'm going to do. Primary use case is muting something for my monitoring but still capturing it in OBS, I use loopback but the mute button stops it from working.

If this could be updated that'd be great, I'm sure people would appreciate the consistency between interfaces, I know I would.

I'm thinking I may need to pick up a MADIFace XT to remedy, would need something that both my UFX+ interfaces could connect to over MADI.

Currently running two UFX+ interfaces and a Digiface, could swap the Digiface with the MADIFace XT and then swap what computer is connected to what interface. Basically I run one interface as a "hub" or master interface which allows me to control everything I interact with frequently from one pane of Totalmix, originally I was doing this with my Digiface but ran out of IO and picked up another UFX+.

Before I make such a big leap I'm wondering if it's possible that the solo functionality in regards to the UFX+ could be changed in the future?

Not possible, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Can't avoid reality, thanks for the help.

Looks like I'll be getting the MADIFace XT.