Topic: Mono Issues on Main out

Hi guys, today for my curiosity I have clicked on the mono button in the main out section, I heard a strange phasey Mono. The mono sum appear for some instant and disappear in a ciclic way. My audio device it's a RME fireface 802 and my speakers are Barefoot Fp01.
Some advice? I often mix in Mono.

Re: Mono Issues on Main out

Did you try different audio material? It might be that you are hearing phase cancellation due to the mix.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Did you try different audio material? It might be that you are hearing phase cancellation due to the mix.

I press the mono button when i Listen some. Spotify track. Often I compare from here the track for reference. In my home studio this kind of problem don't exist (i have an audient device) but in my pro studio the total mix make this strange issue. For example in mono the guitars o the overheads for an istant are mono and then Stereo.

Do your monitors connect direct to the rear panel line outputs on the FF802? Or is there some type of monitor controller or other device between the Fireface and monitors?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Do your monitors connect direct to the rear panel line outputs on the FF802? Or is there some type of monitor controller or other device between the Fireface and monitors?

The monitor are directly connected to rear panel, in the output 1/2. The problem still exist, it's very very strange