Topic: BO968: which XLR is outgoing and which incoming?

Hello,
I just got an UCX II and want to connect the Neumann KH750 digitally to the UCX II. I'd like to use a digital signal as recommended by Neumann. But I could not find out which XLR output of the BO968 is outgoing and which incoming. Is it the male or the female connector? Maybe it's standardized but I couldn't find out. I already got a Neutrik NADIT BNC-FX since I must convert the signal from 110 to 75 Ohm but maybe I got the wrong converter.
thanks,
Florian

Re: BO968: which XLR is outgoing and which incoming?

This is standardized, otherwise it would make no sense that the breakout cable has different plugs for in and out.
BTW .. there is only one way to connect the AES cable to the Neutrik connector.
The other side of the cable you plug to the RME breakout cable where it fits.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I connected the male XLR to the Neutrik connector but I didn't get a signal out of my speakers. So am I using the wrong connector? Is the male XLR out of the breakout cable the correct one for output or not?
thanks,
Florian

Have you setup TotalMix correctly. Do you see an output in TotalMix to the right output? Are the speakers setup correctly to receive the signal. Are the nitrates correct.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

5 (edited by ramses 2021-10-17 10:19:58)

> Is the male XLR out of the breakout cable the correct one for output

Male is OUT as you can see also on other interfaces like UFX+ with AES port
https://archiv.rme-audio.de/images/products/products_fireface_ufx-plus_3b.jpg

Either your TM FX routing is incorrect or you need to check the settings of the AES port whether you have to set it for "professional" (AES), not "consumer" (SPDIF) protocol.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks that solved it. I changed the AES Port setting to professional.
br,
Florian