Topic: iPhone control or work around

I am trying to setup iPhone control of the Dante digiface.  At present IPAD support allows control.  Is there a work around for IPHONE control?  I only need to be able to switch monitor feeds.  I see that the Mackie midi protocol is supported, does that mean that the Mackie MY FADER app would potentially work as a work around?

I would like to use the unit in standalone mode and connect over the network via iPhone to switch feeds.  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: iPhone control or work around

The user manual of this interface doesn't mention stand-alone or class compliant mode...?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Sorry, am I missing something, here is the description that mentions standalone.

The RME Digiface Dante USB Interface allows you to run up to 64 Dante channels with the addition of 64 MADI channels via a single USB 3.0 connection. The RME Digiface Dante enables uncompressed transmission of digital audio signals with low latency over long distances, and provides mobile Dante users with a compact and lightweight solution. It can be used as a mobile standalone 64-channel Dante/MADI converter. All 128 channels are fully controllable using the included Dante control software and DSP-based RME TotalMix FX mixer. Furthermore, the RME Digiface Dante offers a high-quality monitor output that can be used as a line output to transmit an optional analogue stereo mix.

> It can be used as a mobile standalone 64-channel Dante/MADI converter.

..and the rest that follows is not about stand-alone. From the manual:

Stand-alone Operation
The Digiface Dante can be used stand-alone, powered by the included power supply. Alternatively USB bus power from a USB power wall wart or USB battery can be used. When not connected to a computer host the device operates as 64 channel MADI to/from Dante converter. All channels are transferred to the other format unchanged, both ways.

And that's all. No control wahtsoever.

Also there is no iPad control in stand-alone mode at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME