1 (edited by jn4u.jn4u 2021-10-12 15:20:44)

Topic: LiveProcessor+RME Babyface Pro FS

Hi

I have been in contact with developer of LiveProcessor to fix the stability issues, Windows 10, RME Totalmixer. After some emails he made new version

Crashes on windows with RME USB driver when loading projects.
Issues with input gain
Crashes related to view sets when loading projects

I have tried to get in contact with him to get the product to work as intended? But for me the Live Processor + Babyface Pro FS is very bad unstable combination, I'm just uninstalled LiveProcessor and reverted back to Live 11 and Reaper. More expensive but at least stable

I only use the product for plugin processing of sound before sending it to microsoft teams and twitch. Not for music production. Live 11 is overkill for me.

Are the any more that have same problems as me?

2 (edited by ramses 2021-10-12 17:50:43)

Re: LiveProcessor+RME Babyface Pro FS

Live professor is simply an application, if it crashes, then it is IMHO an application issue and should be supported by Live Professor.
Or do you see any RME driver issues in your daily work with DAW or when you use WDM devices which are also being created by this driver ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by jn4u.jn4u 2021-10-13 10:28:56)

RME driver issues in your daily work with DAW or when you use WDM devices which are also being created by this driver No i don't think this is driver issue. Its works in other DAWs I have help him with sending "call stacks" from Visual Studio etc. As full time C++ program for latest 20 years. I know my way around software. But the WDM devices and loopback is central. Send in and out sound over the internet. Its perfect if should work. Plugins instead external stuff. I can sell new 286s and RNLA stuff. But still its not stable. 

But i also know that you that use like the products because you have made a long youtube tutorial. I wanted to highlight this. And se if other have the same problem? Or you u have heard about it.

4 (edited by ramses 2021-10-13 10:42:31)

jn4u.jn4u wrote:

[...]
But i also know that you that use like the products because you have made a long youtube tutorial. I wanted to highlight this. And se if other have the same problem? Or you u have heard about it.

There is a mix-up, I am not from RME and have not made such a Youtube video.

That was simply my personal opinion that it was due to LiveProfessor itself or the combination of plugin and LiveProfessor.
I also had a few stability problems with I evaluated it and neither RME audio drivers nor TM FX failed in any way at the same time.

If you do not like LiveProfessor or have stability issues, there are also other products, but I do not remember the name.

This is IMHO one of the reasons (that VST can cause instabilities like we can see with this or that VST/DAW) and why TotalMix FX doesn't get VST support.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by jn4u.jn4u 2021-10-14 12:08:36)

I'm refering to this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ95oc6zO3w&t=53s RME Essentials: VST Plugins in TotalMix with LiveProfessor on official RME Audio.

What i wondering if they advertising this software as the vst solution in offical RME channel? Then it must be stable. That what RME stand for me, Stability good Enginering.

Then I thought it's me doing the wrong thing? Or are there several who experience the same thing? And I understand that this is the case.  And do not misunderstand me. The idea and interface are spotless. I love LiveProcessor in this regard.  But it is not stable compare to Live 11 or Cubase or Reaper. It's the same plugin, drivers, but diffrent daw host.

Maby this interest some more.

https://kx.studio/

It's free  and  stable

7 (edited by ramses 2021-10-21 16:47:04)

jn4u.jn4u wrote:

What i wondering if they advertising this software as the vst solution in offical RME channel? Then it must be stable. That what RME stand for me, Stability good Enginering.

Should be clear and evident that this remains 3rd party software where RME has no influence on it's stability
or how stable certain 3rd party plugins run on it.

You surely know about instabilities in otherwise stable DAWs caused by 3rd party VSTs... ?!

RME tells you about a possibility how to combine VSTs and TM FX without having VSTs inside of TM FX
which won't happen for reasons that have been told on forum a few times ... stability reasons...