Topic: [Solved] Fireface 802 Massive Errors

I turned on my rig this morning and did a few installs - VST Connect Pro 5, and Cubase 11.41 update - and, related or not, but my Fireface 802 is acting bananas.

Playing back a file in Cubase results in only stutters - playhead moves about 100th of normal speed. In Fireface USB Settings, under Bufer Size (Latency), the error counter is running constantly, about 10 errors per second.

I swapped USB cables, changed USB Ports, re-isntalled the latest drivers, and am now at a loss.

Help?

Re: [Solved] Fireface 802 Massive Errors

Sorting out software issue by playing a file from the computer without any DAW open.
Only the computer and the interface and a play from Finder or Youtube or so.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Right. Getting the same behavior within Windows as well....playing any audio stutters horribly, and the Buffer Error climbs upwards.

Is it possible to do a test with another computer, may be a Notebook or so ?

Good idea. It's working fine on a laptop.

Windows restore the next step?

6 (edited by waedi 2021-10-22 19:25:39)

GPnicolett wrote:

Good idea. It's working fine on a laptop.

Windows restore the next step?

Yes, from my point of view (Mac user) this is what I would do.

I would also try to listen a file from the bad computer without interface, if there is a usable headphone port.

Solved - I had accidentally set my sytem power settings to "Power Saver." Sheesh.

8 (edited by ramses 2021-10-23 05:27:30)

If you're not using a laptop, you could also unlock the Ultimate Performance Power Plan and try it out as perhaps an alternative in special situation where you want to have full performance:

https://www.howtogeek.com/368781/how-to … indows-10/

This is a power setting that is otherwise only available in the "Windows 10 Pro for Workstations" version.
It is supposed to disable powersaving everywhere.

In the article is the command that makes these settings visible / adjustable for all other Windows 10 versions.

But it only makes sense on desktops, because you will have a lower battery life on a laptop due to the higher energy consumption.

It could even be that it leads to heat problems. If the CPU clock also has to be throttled in this case, the clock fluctuations or the lower clock could also lead to audio dropouts in the worst case. You should at least keep an eye on it, even if you run a laptop on the power supply.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13