1 (edited by Samhain 2021-10-30 08:44:04)

Topic: [Solved] M1x Processors / Monterey / Fireface Devices

Dear RME Team

I'm want to use my RME Fireface 800 with my new MacBook Pro 2021 with M1max Processor on Monterey.

How is about drivers for Fireface 800?

y.c.

Franky from Germany

thx
Franky

Re: [Solved] M1x Processors / Monterey / Fireface Devices

I´d be interested too!

3 (edited by Samhain 2021-10-30 08:45:25)

no reply from RME ... tried more times by myself ...

With Driver Version 3.40 IT WORKS on MacBook pro 2021 with M1 max processor and Monterey 12.0.1 !

No need "commandline workaround"!

The new Bios allowed "reduced security" option (long pressing Start/ID Button at boot time).

1. "reduced security" in Bios
2. Installing Driver
3. Allowing driver in "System Security" Settings
4. rebooting

Tried this about 10 times, but today after installing driver and restart, there is a "new situation".

The MacBook reboots twice by himself!

First with an short loading line
Second loading "normal"

After connection Fireface 800 Driver and Totalmix V.1.70 starts normal and works perfect with logic pro x 10.7.0

thx
Franky

4 (edited by ackerdemiker 2021-11-21 08:39:43)

Samhain wrote:

1. "reduced security" in Bios
2. Installing Driver
3. Allowing driver in "System Security" Settings
4. rebooting

That was already the situation with Big Sur when you make a first-time install wink it was not a Monteray Problem... it depends on the security changes the Mac OS had already before. It is written in the tutorial from RME btw... in the "read me" Document as I remember... yes, I never read them, but in this case it saved me from trying 100 times fault... wink Enjoy four Fireface 800...

not really ...

Data migration from Big Sur to Monterey (with RME Driver) did not work.

It's neccassary to install NEW
... and the security settings on M1 processors (maybe with Monterey) are different than the install manual from RME

thx
Franky

This is wonderful news for me, but I'm still a little confused. I'm using my FF800 (Modded by Revive Audio) on my old Intel Mac mini without much trouble, but I need to get into the M1 series Macs due to video editing needs. So I can keep my hot-rod FF800 if I upgrade to an M1pro equipped machine? So on Monterey, I can just install RME's driver version 3.40 and it will work? If so, that's awesome. How is it connected? FW-TB3 adapter? Given how RME is great about keeping things consistent, these FW devices may still work on updates far into the future. That would be amazing.

Yes. 3.40 works on my M1 max MacBook.

see posting #3

FW Adapter:   USB-C to TB3 - TB3 to TB2 Adapter (cause MacBook 2021 only allows USB-C = TB4)

thx
Franky