1 (edited by NDW510 2021-11-01 22:02:43)

Topic: Babyface Blue not working with Windows 10

Hello,

I'm trying to troubleshoot a Babyface Blue unit I purchased on ebay a couple months ago. I've plugged it into a Mac OSX laptop before and it works flawlessly. When I plug it into either my Windows 10 desktop or Windows 10 laptop, I get "babyface 23634010 driver error" and nothing I do works, including installing the RME drivers from the website manually. I'm at a loss for how to get this device to work. I have ASIO4All installed already and was using a Scarlet 2i2 w/ ProTools before I bought this without issue.

Re: Babyface Blue not working with Windows 10

Actually looks like I finally managed to figure it out, had to hold down the two face buttons before I plugged it into the computer and it finally worked.

NDW510 wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to troubleshoot a Babyface Blue unit I purchased on ebay a couple months ago. I've plugged it into a Mac OSX laptop before and it works flawlessly. When I plug it into either my Windows 10 desktop or Windows 10 laptop, I get "babyface 23634010 driver error" and nothing I do works, including installing the RME drivers from the website manually. I'm at a loss for how to get this device to work. I have ASIO4All installed already and was using a Scarlet 2i2 w/ ProTools before I bought this without issue.

Sorry, but forget ASIO4ALL, this is only an "ugly workaround" for people to still be able to use USB microphones, because they didn't know better when they bought it...

This is a not supported setup, because if you use ASIO4ALL, then you do not access the recording interface directly through the RME ASIO driver. There is always ASIO4ALL as an additional layer in between.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:
NDW510 wrote:

Hello,

Sorry, but forget ASIO4ALL, this is only an "ugly workaround" for people to still be able to use USB microphones, because they didn't know better when they bought it...

This is a not supported setup, because if you use ASIO4ALL, then you do not access the recording interface directly through the RME ASIO driver. There is always ASIO4ALL as an additional layer in between.

Ah ok interesting. I managed to get audio playback from the interface and I even managed to get pro tools to recognize it and playback audio, but now I can't figure out how to get a signal from the mic input. I have the breakout cable line-in R plugged into my mic and in pro tools the input is set to babyface analog 1+2. It almost seems like the mic is missing phantom power, I'm not seeing where/how to engage it in the Fireface USB settings.

5 (edited by waedi 2021-11-02 00:15:04)

It is not in the settings anymore, you have to look into Totalmix.
Open the input channel with the wrench-tool button, over there should a button appear, 48V.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

It is not in the settings anymore, you have to look into Totalmix.
Open the input channel with the wrench-tool button, over there should a button appear, 48V.

It worked! Thank you very much!! Finally able to record at home again