Topic: Quadmic Sig LEDs always on

Sorry for posting here, I didn't have the permission to post on the case studies or other sub forum it seems.
On my new Quadmic II the signal LEDs are always lit despite nothing plugged in, they are getting dimmer from left to right and are in fact a bit dimmer than on the picture. Is that normal or would there be some issue?
https://i.imgur.com/jZ18iSx.jpg

HDSP9632, ADI-2 PRO FS R BE, AI4S, AO4S, QuadMic II

Re: Quadmic Sig LEDs always on

LEDs of SIG1 and SIG2 are brighter because the gain is half open while SIG3 and SIG4 are less bright with gain fully closed ?
Have you listened the Line outs ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

LEDs of SIG1 and SIG2 are brighter because the gain is half open while SIG3 and SIG4 are less bright with gain fully closed ?
Have you listened the Line outs ?

They are also brighter with all gain down. Output is quiet, just white noise with increasing gain.

HDSP9632, ADI-2 PRO FS R BE, AI4S, AO4S, QuadMic II

I have a Quadmic non-ll where the SIG LEDs are off until a mic signal comes in.
It looks like an issue in your unit but as it works fine I would let it be this way.
Let's see if you get a response from professionals soon, otherwise there is the official support to ask : support@rme-audio.com

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

5 (edited by KaiS 2021-11-11 17:16:49)

If something doesn’t work like intended, as described, it can be considered broken.
There’s no guarantee that the audio is untouched from the problem.

As a basic test you could feed a sinewave in (i.e. 400 Hz or 1 kHz, from ADI-2 Pro), and listen if it sounds undistorted up to +15 dBu (balanced XLR), at gain to minimum.

Check power supply first.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME