Topic: MADIface XT Changing order of MADI Groups
I'm a happy user of the hdspe MADIfx PCIe Card for many years now but due to a change in systems I won't have the PCIe slot anymore. That's why I checked out the USB MADIface XT!
With the extra OPTO-X the HDSPe MADI FX then has three optical MADI I/Os. And I setup our current MADI environment/system in the Card given order (MADI 1-3). We always work in 96kHzs so it looks like:
1. Channel 1-32 are Converter for Mastering/Digital FX/MainMonitoring etc,
2. Channel 33-64 are the main recording converter and
3. Channel 65-96 are for a Aviom Monitoring System.
Now I have two questions:
1. Is there an option within the MADIface XT to change the 3rd Madi I/O to optical instead of BNC (like our current setup with the OPTO-x)
2. Or is there an option to change the order of the MADI Groups of the MADIface XT (1-3),
e.g.:MADI I/O 1streams Madi Channel 33-64 instead of 1-32 in Total Mix)? I could feed one MADI Group by BNC but it has to be in a different order (on MADI Stream 1 instead of 3!).
Hopefully there is a solution to this, otherwise we had to change a lot of things in the studio setup :-/
Thanks in any way,