Topic: Fireface 400 on Windows 10 - No sounds coming out of the soundcard

Heyhey,

Yesterday, me fireface 400 was not detecting the sound going out of my computer anymore. The soundcard was working really well for one year, and it stopped working after I turned on the 48V on the setting of the RME for using my microphone. At the same time, the external power supply from my fireface disconnected because I was moving cable. When I restarted everything (computer and soundcard) with external power supply, the sound was not working. When I start the computer, the host light is red until the computer fully turned on and the light goes away. Total Mix detect the soundcard, and I can even see that my microphone is working, but seems to be bugging a bit. However, even if I can see my microphone on TotalMix FX, I can hear only a super glitchy sounds, and I can't see any sound going out of my computer in TotalMix FX. I can choose different output from the fireface as main output from my computer, but still no sound. Even on itunes, the music doesn't start when it's fireface outputs?

My computer is "ACER vn7-791g Black Edition" and I'm on WINDOWS 10. I use several adaptaters for turning firewire into Thunderbolt 3, and it was working well for one year. My computer doesn't have firewire port.

I try so many things I saw on this forum. I downloaded new updated drivers (also for Thunderbolt 3 in my computer), I also tried to change some settings. I feel really lost in all of this !

The BUS power supply never worked for me, maybe because I use Thunderbolt 3 port, so I only use external power supply in 12V.

I hope I will get some help :'( ...

Re: Fireface 400 on Windows 10 - No sounds coming out of the soundcard

Please provide a screenshot of Totalmix.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME