Topic: [Solved] UFX+ & Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 = huge error noise

Hi everyone, I just purchased and installed a wonderful UFX+. It replaces my FireFace800 that I used for over 10 years.
I know how to use it, how to install it, how to work my way around Total Mix etc.

Everything works fine for about an hour and then this huge digital noise comes on all outputs and the ARC USB is not responding, the interface is not responding, Total Mix shows huge signal in software playback and hardware outputs (all in red) and there is nothing to be don until I close Logic Pro X! If I restart Logic, it keeps doing the same thing, even without loading a project. The moment Logic starts and it prompts you to decide what you want to do, the noise starts. If I preview any audio or video file in Finder, the noise starts again. If I play any online videos (youtube for example - same thing).

I have to restart the computer to make this error stop.

I am using a MacBook Pro 16" 2019 - 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7
The UFX+ is connected via USB3.0, installed with the FireFace USB Driver V3.221
I also updated the Flash Update to firmware version USB 54, TB 109, DSP 46.

Thank you for your help!

Re: [Solved] UFX+ & Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 = huge error noise

I have realised that the issue was caused by a USB 3.0 hub. A very good quality one, but it doesn't matter. Due to the fact that the MacBook Pro 16" has only USB-C ports, I had to use a USB hub. I had no direct cable from USB-B to USB-C. Using any kind of hub may cause an error as described by me.
Use a direct cable from the interface to the usb-c input of the computer will sort this issue.