Topic: Babyface pro fs power supply from USB 3 camera adapter with iphone 13

Hi, I am trying to use the babyface pro fs as a audio interface with iPhone 13 pro max when recording video.

I saw someone posting on the web that you could use apple's USB3 camera adapter to connect the babyface pro fs with iPhone, and that could also work as a power supply when connected with ac adapter via lightning cable.
I'm using an apple's official ac adapter which is 5V3A. According to the specification, it should work but the Babyface does not turn on.

Is there anyone who's using the baby face pro fs with iPhone?
It would be appreciated so much if you could share any information regarding the problem.

Re: Babyface pro fs power supply from USB 3 camera adapter with iphone 13

You need the Babyface power supply turn. I only see people using it with iPad Pro without a PSU

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

Re: Babyface pro fs power supply from USB 3 camera adapter with iphone 13

Not an iPhone ... but yes, with an iPad Pro 10.5 (lightning connector) and the Apple "Lightning to USB3 Camera Connection Kit".

I'm using a 20,000mah powerbank with USB-A and USB-C outputs .... run a cable from the powerbank (USB-A - Lightning / USB-C - Lightning) to the power jack on the USB3 Camera connection dongle. Power up the powerbank, then connect the BFProFS USB cable (supplied USB-A end cable) to the USB3 Camera connection dongle .... and the BFPro powers up (yes, held the DIM/SELECT buttons to enable C.C. mode) .... sometimes .... if it doesn't power up a "click" sound can be heard repeatadley from the BFProFS .... and then after a bit it might power on, or might not .... unplug the USB cable and replug and in most cases the BFProFS powers on and runs .... the only issue I have struck so far (no monitors connected yet, just headphones) is that if the headphone volume is raised to close to 0dB on the fader, the BFProFS crashes/shutsdown/reboots ....

The powerbank A or C outputs provide more power than the BFProFS requires when running on USB power and I believe the issue is with the Apple USB3 camera connection dongle not passing sufficient power through when driving headphones at higher levels .... iPad charges, BFProFS works (did a 6hr session learning in/outs of TMEFX yesterday using 2 tracks input using the powerbank  as my only source of power) .... ran without a hitch unless I really pushed the headphone levels ... did note the UBS3 Camera dongle got quite warm to touch ... not hot, but warm enough. The USB-A connection on the powerbank seemed to be more tolerant of headphone level than the USB-C connection on the powerbank and took more volume before it dropped out and rebooted.

So, by my understanding an "I" device with a USB-C port should work direct connected ..... the required cable was even supplied with my BFProFS.

1st post / new user / learning the ropes

Kevin.