Topic: Fireface UCX II Windows 10 sounds stuttery/jumpy

Hey there
I recently purchased a Fireface UCXII and am running a windows 10 PC with more than enough horses to drive it

Every time I boot up, and restart my interface windows sound (including youtube, and media players) get incredibly stuttery and laggy, almost as though there are clock problems (i have checked and there doesnt seem to be)

the funny thing is, when i load up my DAW (sonar), SONAR plays back just fine, but any other windows audio is just unlistenable

I've rebooted 3 or 4 times since purchasing, and each time have played around with the settings and at some point the problem magically goes away until i reboot again, each time i think i have it figured out but obviously i'm just playing

what is the problem here? has anyone else had this?

Re: Fireface UCX II Windows 10 sounds stuttery/jumpy

update, after my last reboot, even cakewalk started being stuttery and I experienced a lot of drop out

again, after some random shuffling of settings that should have had no effect, it became fine for no real reason

if anyone has any clues about what this might be i would appreciate some help so much

3 (edited by ramses 2021-11-20 20:57:33)

No details about your system / setup (CPU, mainboard, ...)  whether energy saving was in place or not etc ...
Maybe accesses to internet through WLAN.
Maybe there were background processes running, index service  running, virus scanner runing, ... plenty of possible things ...
With tools like LatencyMon you can check, whether drivers block CPU cores.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hello

this is my system

Processor    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X 16-Core Processor    3.50 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
Device ID    C423B2D7-DE9B-4125-A329-A2A4F7DFDE1D
Product ID    00326-00829-25642-AAOEM
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

Latency mon told me to disable power throttling, but no power is being throttled

any thoughts?

If LatencyMon reports that, then I would guess that power throttling is not disabled on your system.
With google you find a lot of information about that, e.g.:
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-mana … windows-10

Do you run on battery ? Which Energy Profile do you use ?
Best use High Performance when working with Audio, by this power throttling shout be disabled.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13