Topic: UCXll spidf input and output ?

So, unless I’m blind, and/or missed something, which is the input and output? I don’t see anything on the breakout cable.

Manual didn’t,say??

The,aes male is output? It’s standardized right?

2 (edited by ramses 2021-11-20 08:02:25)

Re: UCXll spidf input and output ?

I would see it pragmatic .. you have only two possibilities to connect and one of it will work.

I have the same BO968 breakout cable with the ADI-2 Pro FS. Look at the RCA plugs for SPDIF.
There you see printed on the plug: white: "SPDIF IN", red: "SPDIF OUT".

AES is standardized. Look i.e. to this product photo, you see AES IN / OUT there:
https://archiv.rme-audio.de/images/products/products_fireface_ufx-plus_3b.jpg

If the picture is too small in: e.g. in Firefox click with the right mouse key to the picture and use: "open graphic in new tab"

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I figured aes was standard. Male out/female in.

As for Spdif, yes 2 choices one works one doesn’t.

I checked again, and my wife confirmed (in case I’m blind). My red and white connectors have nothing printed on them to indicate.

I have the UCX II and can confirm red RCA is output. Nothing printed on the connectors, though.

Was it trial and error for you? Or is,red the standard Spdif output?

Wondering why you do not simply try it out. As I said, only two possibilities, you can't damage anything. Either it will work or not.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Wondering why you do not simply try it out. As I said, only two possibilities, you can't damage anything. Either it will work or not.

+ With UCXII you have TMfx and the frontpanel LCD so you will even be sure there is a signal at the spdif(or any other I/O)output when you try the cables out wink

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_