Topic: M1 Pro + Monterey + multiface

hi,

is anyone using a m1-based mbp with monterey and a multiface (connected via various adapters)?

i have a lot of crackling and even dropouts with a setup that was working fine with my old mbp (intel i7)…i have some other variables that could be the reason, mainly the daw (ableton 10) that runs under rosetta or e.g. the new os monterey… i‘m just asking because i had hopes that everything would work kind of normal, even under rosetta…

thanks for your input!

baker

Re: M1 Pro + Monterey + multiface

Are you speaking of a Fireface 400 or a Multiface wich needs a PCMCIA card slot in the notebook ?
For sorting out Ableton you can do a simple test with Reaper.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

3 (edited by Scheffkoch 2021-11-29 23:28:14)

…i mean the „original“ multiface 1…i had it connected via the sonnet expresscard adapter to various macbooks without any problems…maybe it‘s time for an upgrade…so your m1-monterey is working without problems with the latest rme drivers?…(just to exclude monterey from being a potential problem)…

Yes my M1 Macbook Air with Monterey works fine with the few RME interfaces I have.
The multifaces can't be tested because I don't have such express card adapter.
May be that sonnet express card thing needs a new driver or firmware update ?
I recommend the Reaper test still because it is for free and is fast.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

…ok…after a little bit of research i‘ve found out, that the sonnet adapter is currently not supported on m1 macs…thanks for your reply though!
best
baker