Topic: MIDI over MADI optical/coaxial

Hi everybody,

I am trying to establish a MIDI over MADI Remote connection. I am using a HDSP MADI Card with a ADI-642 and a ADI 648 as test setup.
Connection is as follows: HDSP MADI optical --> ADI 648 optical In --> ADI 648 coaxial OUT --> ADI 648 IN. I can easily send audio over my connection but I can only remote the ADI 648 via MIDI Remote. The second device is not to be found.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much,

Sebastian

Re: MIDI over MADI optical/coaxial

Audioseb wrote:

Connection is as follows: HDSP MADI optical --> ADI 648 optical In --> ADI 648 coaxial OUT --> ADI 648 IN.

I don't see the 642 in this setup.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Read the manual and connect 5-pin out to in on the 648.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello,

there is a typo in my inital post, which I have to apologize for.

Connection is as follows: HDSP MADI optical --> ADI 648 optical In --> ADI 648 coaxial OUT --> ADI 642 coaxial IN.

Thanks,

Sebastian

Hello,

actually I have tried the solution suggested by Matthias. In fact it does not change the behavior of the system at all. I have noticed I can change paramters on the 642 from the MIDI Remote although the connection status says "no response". However, changes made on the unit manually are not tranferred into the software.

BTW: I have connected MIDI IN-MIDI OUT with a standard MIDI cable which has only 3 pin occupied. Is there a need for a "full" connection on 5 pins?

Thank you,

Sebastian

There seems to be no connection going back from the 642 to the MADI card - without this, how can the external devices communicate with the software? MADI is unidirectional. Connect an optical cable from the 642 back to the MADI card (forming a ring) and all should be well.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you very much Daniel,

that seems to be a great solution. Another thing I have noticed is a non-functional label in the MIDI Remote V1.42. In my ADI 642 I am not able to edit the label MADI IN 4 which actually has to be MADI IN 1. With all other labels it is fine.

best regards,

Sebastian

Not reproducable, works over here.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME