Topic: EQ of ADI-2 DAC fs possible on total mix?

Hi,

It might be a question already asked, but would it be possible to EQ the ADI-2 DAC fs with total mix instead of the onboard 5 parameters EQ witch can sometimes be difficult to parameter a more complex EQ and would it affect the quality of said EQ if so was possible.

Thank you
for any answer!

2 (edited by ramses 2021-12-10 10:49:14)

Re: EQ of ADI-2 DAC fs possible on total mix?

It has been mentioned a few times by RME on forum that an application to maintain PEQ settings won't come and that FPGA resources are limited, see also manual to this topic.
Also that there won't be TM FX support for the ADI as it has been designed as converter and USB DAC not as recording interface.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Your not the first to ask for this, but MC says it wont happen. Would be convenient though with some more computer control over the device.

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

4 (edited by ramses 2021-12-10 13:28:19)

An application to control the PEQ and it's up to 15 (? from memory) config slots would be a nice 1st step. Once this aim has been reached, it should be possible to think about configuration of more parameters or even to manage the whole configuration up to saving/restoring configuration to/from the 9 or 10 config slots.

This would be a generic mechanism which serves everybody well be it for Hifi use or in the studio.

But I have also an additional idea which is more aimed to the demands of RME studio setups.

Here my idea is to integrate ADI-2 DAC/Pro more into TM FX in terms of PEQ and maybe also other settings like phase invert, compareable to Auxdevice support for Octamic XTC.
Control/config data through USB like it is being done for e.g. ARC USB. Then maybe a special view in TM FX for 5band EQ for one or more ADI-2 *.

Final goal: saving of settings in TM FX snapshots/workspaces for the whole environment which is one of the most exciting features of RME recording environments.

Edit: am fully aware of current situation, that there are no plans for this. So maybe put this on a list for future designs and "post-corona" if there is hopefully more time again to think about such ideas.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Ramses: I like your thinking. I would take anything in this department. That said, my vision for this goes all the way. Every parameter should be controllable from a TMfx interface for DAC and PRO or a future predecessor. Like UCXII everything is getable from the device or TMfx. A complete graphical interface with all the appropriate faders, knobs and buttons.
Auxilliary device is a good idea for us who have a TMfx based interface. I think alot ADI-2 pro/dac owners owns just only that RME device so I wouldnt want to exclude them.

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_