1 (edited by skyfly 2021-12-14 12:48:21)

Topic: my twist lock indicator

I saw the sticker about the twist lock DC power connector. However, as other people do not know about it or cannot remember it, I put a rotation reminder over the RME DC power cable.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AM-JKLVCr_XXDLkJntKSUKgtxE41n2-VAbs1NmdvwgViochqvIcxtUup5Z1mInV5YCbnhrEOixcDktiNWE8YcF2Y1xwCN248Du7qbrO3laJUAKTeqqMruP_jKR-nPF4QlgdPe1eGILs6HemxQsrw9xnsn6h0=w1416-h1887-no?authuser=0

Long time a go, I did a similar thing for unbalanced audio cables with twist lock WBT RCA connector and speaker cables with WBT twist lock banana connector - It is more tricky as only a part of the connector rotates. -. I do not need such an indicator on the cables as I baby hi-fi gears, but another member of the family or a TV or cable TV service technician visiting home needed it.

Re: my twist lock indicator

Soon you will forget what the reminder symbol means .....

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

Johannes AU wrote:

Ha ha ha

Johannes AU wrote:

What Connector?  I forgot!  big_smile

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

Curt962 wrote:
Johannes AU wrote:

What Connector?  I forgot!  big_smile

Curt

The one you never have to remove it..... big_smile

I think we've all made some Cryptic Notes to ourselves that were undecipherable by anyone the next day...

The Twist Lock RME DC connector has been the subject of several postings over time, but all must know that it works well, and works the same every time. 

It's a good arrangement.

Curt

Curt962 wrote:

I think we've all made some Cryptic Notes to ourselves that were undecipherable by anyone the next day...

The Twist Lock RME DC connector has been the subject of several postings over time, but all must know that it works well, and works the same every time. 

It's a good arrangement.

Curt

The occasional confusion of the very simple operation of the twist lock function is very amusing. There are several 'reviews' I have came across by "audio professionals" who mentioned the "loose fitting" power connector. If these people do not have the very minor intuitive 'skills' that are required to plug in and twist the connector, then why would I trust their 'attention to detail' in the review? Furthermore, how do they drive to work? They must also struggle with their car keys too? Or the house key when leaving home? Their lives must be a persistent struggle.  big_smile

8 (edited by Curt962 2021-12-16 19:34:31)

Audio reviewers...

Let's not go there. sad

Often the least qualified of the group, and I have been to their homes in the past to  say authoritatively that they know NOT of which they speak.

Speaker Positioning that seemed to be the result of an accident, etc.  My list could go on...

A Twist-Lock connector would blow their Minds.

Yukk

9 (edited by KaiS 2021-12-16 23:00:55)

People get used to watch half an hour of boring videos to get explained a few simple functions - instead of 5 min. reading the manual.

10 (edited by Curt962 2021-12-16 23:35:05)

Indeed Kai..

Videos are great, but we DO reach a point!

Exactly how F'n hard is it to flip a light switch...  Or perhaps insert a rather simple Coaxial connector?
big_smile

We might all be quite surprised...Humanity is not nearly as advanced as it believes.

No worries!  There's a Tutorial Video for it...  sad

Curt

Curt962 wrote:

Indeed Kai..

Videos are great, but we DO reach a point!

Exactly how F'n hard is it to flip a light switch...  Or perhaps insert a rather simple Coaxial connector?
big_smile

We might all be quite surprised...Humanity is not nearly as advanced as it believes.

No worries!  There's a Tutorial Video for it...  sad

Curt

Aiya .... I just found the zipper of my pants with a locking tooth ....

I really like the UCXII power supply. It has twistlock and an led to the contact which show if there is juice to it..

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_