Topic: Faulty 6.5mm socket on UFX+ & warranty options for QLD, Australia

Hi all
I bought my UFX+ in 2019 and have noticed that one of the 6.5mm sockets appears to be faulty i.e. intermittent signal when anything is plugged into this socket.

I’m a full time musician and use the UFX+ constantly in my gear rack….so I simply can’t afford the downtime for the unit to be sent away to an authorised service centre for warranty repair. (I’m in Queensland, Australia)

If I pay a local, highly-regarded tech to repair/replace the faulty socket, will this void my warranty? The tech is the local authorised repair agent for the brands below and is excellent (and fast):
Roland - Boss - Korg - Casio - Kawai - Orange - JBL - Cerwin Vega - Mackie

Cheers
Gary

2 (edited by Thermaltake 2021-12-18 18:20:54)

Re: Faulty 6.5mm socket on UFX+ & warranty options for QLD, Australia

Only if that local store is official RME repair shop, if not, warranty will be void.

I know how you feel, cause I work with music too, not full time like you, but any downtime will be very hard for me.
And thank God I didn't have to leave my unit now in shop because of faulty screws on new UCX II. Because unit is working fine, but on aesthetic side unit is looking bad because of that screws. Guy in shop told me that I would have to wait month or two for few screws to come from RME directly, and they asked me if I want to leave unit there or take it with me, I said of course I'll take it with me cause month or two without making music is like someone took my freedom from me big_smile