Topic: RME 9652 Windows 10 64 bit compatibility

Hello.

I'm a RME user from a long time ago.

Actually, I have a RME babyface, but i used a fireface 400, fireface 800...

Now, I have this dude:

1.- Is compatible a RME 9652 with windows 10 64 bits ?
2.- What's difference between  PCI REV >1.8 and PCI Rev < 1.8 ?
3.- Will work a RME 9652 PCI Rev 1.6 in windows 10 64 bits ?

Only that.

Thanks.

Re: RME 9652 Windows 10 64 bit compatibility

Is that a DIGI9652 or a HDSP 9652? The latter is fully supported.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by garry 2016-01-17 14:08:08)

Hi, Im still rocking the HDSP9652 in my main desktop (mixing) system, ive had it for about 13 years and seen windows xp, windows 7, windows 8.1 and currently windows 10, it was my first Rme purchase, and it has never once ever caused me a problem, its deigned and built so well, and still supported after all this time, Ive had no need to replace it, I dont believe there is a standard PCI card out there that can better it.
It will be a sad day when im forced to upgrade to a pci express based system (if the motherboard dies), but I believe the HDSP9652 will live forever. (i'd not even hesitate to purchase the equivalent PCI express RME card)

This has inspired confidence in many other RME products which ive purchased for my mobile recording/mixing needs (Babyface, UFX & ARC & Octamic XTC)
You know when you buy RME that its solid quality & will be supported for a LONG time.

Cheers

_

RME HDSP9652 | | RME Digiface USB

Sorry to resurrect such an old post but I have started having problems with my drivers & totalmix since the most recent Windows 10 Pro update.

The symptoms are weird.  I switch on the computer & the Digicheck app is loading & showing just fine, but neither Totalmix or the HDSP drivers are being loaded on startup.  I then reinstall the update applications & restart the computer, whereupon both Totalmix and the drivers are loaded and function correctly. Until the next time I close down and restart the computer.

Anyone else have this problem, or have any idea what is going wrong? I am pretty sure the installation of the drivers is being done correctly & when I have reinstalled them, they show up in the Startup settings, but disappear on restart.

You wrote 'HDSP drivers are not being loaded on startup'. I am pretty sure they are. You mean the Settings dialog. Should be easy to fix by adding it to Autostart or repairing it within StartUp. Search this forum, that topic had been adressed already. You could even put links on the desktop for Settings and TM...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME