1 (edited by RMENoob 2021-12-19 22:36:13)

Topic: Remote - does not work within two months

It's almost exactly two months since I bought this unit.

The remote is now not working at all. I've replaced the little coin battery. when I press a button the blue light flickers, but the RME ADI2 DAC unit is not doing anything. No response. For any button.

Please let me know urgently what else to try. In the forums here the only suggestion is to replace the battery. Done. Energiser good quailty coin battery. No use.

What else?

Remote is pretty much the only reason I bought this, otherwise there are plenty of other DACs in the nearly 2000 CAD price range.

Many thanks!

Re: Remote - does not work within two months

Looks like others have had the issue too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW2yXOioc4E

I bought it from Amazon Canada, and will try to replace. But this was very ordinary experience for a"made in Germany" product. I doubt it's made in Germany.

3 (edited by waedi 2021-12-19 22:08:05)

Blue light is wrong, you have to make it green :

The included infrared remote control, manufactured exclusively for RME, offers an almost com- plete remote control of the ADI-2 DAC in a clear way. It works immediately without further set- tings on the device, since the DAC code table is pre-set from factory. Pressing a button there- fore causes the SEL LED to light up green. If the LED is orange, red or blue, another reserved code table is active that is not compatible with the ADI-2 DAC.
The code tables are changed as follows:
 Keep SEL pressed until the LED lights up constantly.
 Press button 1. The LED turns green and then off. The remote control now works with the ADI-2 DAC.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

The included infrared remote control, manufactured exclusively for RME, offers an almost com- plete remote control of the ADI-2 DAC in a clear way. It works immediately without further set- tings on the device, since the DAC code table is pre-set from factory. Pressing a button there- fore causes the SEL LED to light up green. If the LED is orange, red or blue, another reserved code table is active that is not compatible with the ADI-2 DAC.
 Press button 1. The LED turns green and then off. The remote control now works with the ADI-2 DAC.

Perfect! Thank you!

They should put it in the manual. I did a FIND on the PDF manual and couldn't find it.

Hope this also helps someone in the future. I've put a comment on that Youtube video too.

It is copy out of the user manual page 18 btw.
Glad you got it working.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

RME took the time to make, in my opinion, one of the best gear manuals in existence and some people still refuse to read it. It took me longer to type this post then to find the solution in both the PDF and paper copies of the manual. Amazing.

RMENoob wrote:
waedi wrote:

Perfect! Thank you!

They should put it in the manual. I did a FIND on the PDF manual and couldn't find it.

Hope this also helps someone in the future. I've put a comment on that Youtube video too.

RMENoob, you missed this:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 34#p179634

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

8 (edited by Johannes AU 2021-12-20 06:24:18)

RMENoob wrote:

Looks like others have had the issue too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW2yXOioc4E

I bought it from Amazon Canada, and will try to replace. But this was very ordinary experience for a"made in Germany" product. I doubt it's made in Germany.

To turn on, a short press, turn off is a long press.... (same to the on/off switch at the unit) that video is a bit misleading... most likely he (the video) didn't read the manual...

And, when you replace the battery, you didn't see the "Made in China" printed on the lower back end of the remote?

Can't believe this kind of critics...one should be able to read the precise instructions on the back of the remote...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

10 (edited by Johannes AU 2021-12-20 09:02:43)

Freilich ......

https://bimotordj.com/image/cache/catalog/0000produtos/MRCMULTIREMOTECON/15083840_800-1200x900.jpg

The title of this thread should now be amended to reflect that the Remote works perfectly.