Topic: Closed Pre-Test of new ADI-2 Pro and DAC firmware

We are now not far away from completing the next major firmware release for ADI-2 DAC and Pro. There are numerous fixes, improvements and news for the DAC. Double that for the Pro.

I contacted a few of you before, but would like to have anyone interested in trying out the new firmware doing so. The changes are not only many, but especially under the hood big parts of the code were re-written, so there are chances that we overlooked side effects or unexpected, only in certain situations happening errors.

If you would like to try the new firmware please send me a mail via the forum mailer. I will then send you a download link to the updated manuals, a special changes list, and the new firmware files for Mac and PC - hopefully next week.

Note that you can flash back to the official release version anytime, so if something doesn't work as expected you can easily restore your unit to fully functional.

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Closed Pre-Test of new ADI-2 Pro and DAC firmware

Thanks everyone who contacted me so far about trying the new firmware. We found another bug yesterday, hopefully the last one to fix. This pre-test is not that we want you to find all the bugs - we are testing a lot to make it as error-free as possible. But with the multitude of applications, settings and combinations of these it is quite possible that we miss something.

Here are some major points of the new firmware:

- The already explained encoder jumping fix

- Additional digital DC protection for all analog outputs

- New option B/T stored/loaded with EQ Preset

- Swapping EQ presets to easily change their order

- Selecting EQ Presets via remote

- Lock keys / UI

- Auto Standby function

- Three new color choices (well, not major, but popular...)

- Level meter can show the output level in dBu

DAC only: further improved Loopback

Pro only:

- Extended Toggle options, including toggling between line and digital out

- Digital outs no longer muted in Phones balanced mode

- Full Loopback to USB implementation

- Permanent Dual Volume screen option

- Reduced mute time on filter change

- Three DC filter choices for the ADC

Plus a ton smaller details and further under the hood improvements in both units.

The new firmware might be available around Wednesday, until then I still take your emails wink

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Quick update: Everything is prepared, just waiting for the official Windows FUT. Tomorrow everyone that mailed me should receive my mail with all the download links.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Mails have been sent. If you did not get one from me please check your Spam folder.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Latest news: I just sent out the firmware 258/109 (Pro) and 66/45 (DAC). Some issues were found and fixed thanks to user feedback. This looks like a release version already, so I expect a public release around Tuesday. Stay tuned!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Most probably my last update here: the new firmwares will definitely be released before Christmas. But we are working a bit more on some details, so release is most probably on Thursday.

We got wonderful feedback and some nice suggestions and ideas for further improvement. For time reasons those can not be added right now, they will be added in the next firmware release beginning of 2022.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME