Topic: RME pci card used togheter with Digiface usb?

Hello,

I am thinking about buying a RME pci card with midi to avoid using midi through usb with an extra interface and hopefully improve the midi timing performance of my system when sequencing hardware synths/drums.
At the moment I have a Digiface usb + 3 Adi 8 ds, all works flawlessly.
Can I add the pci card and use it mainly for midi while keeping the Digiface in use without conflicts between the two?

Thanks

Re: RME pci card used togheter with Digiface usb?

I think this is not possible.
You would need to load the ASIO driver of the PCIe card (HDSPe driver) into the DAW to be able to use/access MIDI.
But then you can't load a 2nd ASIO driver to load the ASIO USB driver for the Digiface USB.

I think the most elegant solution would be to get a RayDAT PCIe card.
Then you have 2x (!) MIDI I/O available
a) MIDI Port 1 - to remote control RME devices that are remote controllable through MIDI
b) MIDI Port 2 - to control other Music Devices
And if required you can buy the optional WC card.

Later you can even add an ADI-2 DAC or better Pro FS R BE to be able to connect it through AES.
Then you have still 1x ADAT I/O free for another preamp or what not.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

I think this is not possible.
You would need to load the ASIO driver of the PCIe card (HDSPe driver) into the DAW to be able to use/access MIDI.
But then you can't load a 2nd ASIO driver to load the ASIO USB driver for the Digiface USB.

I think the most elegant solution would be to get a RayDAT PCIe card.
Then you have 2x (!) MIDI I/O available
a) MIDI Port 1 - to remote control RME devices that are remote controllable through MIDI
b) MIDI Port 2 - to control other Music Devices
And if required you can buy the optional WC card.

Later you can even add an ADI-2 DAC or better Pro FS R BE to be able to connect it through AES.
Then you have still 1x ADAT I/O free for another preamp or what not.

That's what I imagined, at that point I'd just use the Raydat card, apart for all the other features there are still 4 adats ports like in the Digiface.
In case I'll keep the Digiface for an evetual need of a "mobile" set up togheter with the Octamic 2.

Thanks

> In case I'll keep the Digiface for an evetual need of a "mobile" set up togheter with the Octamic 2.

Yes good idea.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13