Topic: UCX II - Can't install driver Mac mini MacOS Mojave

Howdy,

Have a 2018 Mac mini that I've used successfully with my Fireface 800 and related software for years. Recently purchased a UCX II with has been working fine on 2 MacBook Pros, one that just got upgraded to Monterey the other still running Mojave. No issues with software install or operation.

I've downloaded the 3221 USB Mac driver. When I run through the install on my Mini, everything looks fine and the dialog says everything installs. The USB light is on on the UCX II. However once I restart, the UCX II isn't recognized and there's no Totalmix FX nor setting app install. I don't ever see the dialog in Security settings mentioned in the installer where you Allow the software from RME to be installed. I thought their might be a conflict with the drivers and Totalmix for my Fireface 800 so I uninstalled it by dragging to the trash.

At this point I've emptied trash, done the reinstall several times, did a couple of shutdown and startups but nothing seems to be working. Wondering if there might still be some remnants of the Fireface driver and Totalmix somewhere that is messing things up. Or maybe I'm missing something else which is more obvious. In any case, need to get it working as it's my main studio setup.

Re: UCX II - Can't install driver Mac mini MacOS Mojave

Bumping this hoping to get some help. My UCX II works fine on 2 other Macs and iPad but can't get it working on my Mac Mini. Would appreciate any thoughts on how to fix, where to look. thx

Are you sure you are on Mojave? This error is known for Big Sur:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=33277

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

yes 100% sure.

Running Mojave 10.14.6.

And it works fine on my MacBook Pro that is on the same release.

Yesterday I found some leftover files from my previous Fireface 800 installation in library and systems folders and was hoping that might be related to my install problem. I deleted those files, did a restart, downloaded and installed the UCX II drivers again but not change.

In the install, it tells me that that install was successful but it's obviously not. None of the related files are installed anywhere on my Mac Mini and I never see the permissions message Allow under Security and Privacy. Kind of at my wits end on this one and not sure how to proceed. I need to get my UCX working with this Mini ASAP for someone upcoming work.