1 (edited by lmorendain 2022-01-04 01:14:12)

Topic: Clarification Octamic II +4, -10, Pad

Hi all,

I just wanted to ask, the Octamic II doesn’t have the usual, individual input +4, -10, pad feature. Why is that?

Been reading the manual and I read this:

———
10.1 Mic / Line In
The electronic input stage is built in a servo balanced design which handles unbalanced and balanced signals correctly, automatically adjusting the level reference.
XLR
The OctaMic II offers an adjustable amplification from +6 dB up to +60 dB. This equals a sensi- tivity of +14 dBu down to –40 dBu, referenced to full scale of the AD-converter.
TRS
The TRS jacks have a fixed level attenuation of 7 dB. Based on the adjustable amplification from +6 dB up to +60 dB, the sensitivity is +21 dBu down to –33 dBu, referenced to full scale of the AD-converter. Therefore the TRS inputs are true full level Line inputs, and the unit can also be used as Line amplifier.
————

So the XLR and the TRS Gain control is really wide so I don’t need the Pad, +4, -10 switch feature? Can I plug in Hi Z instruments in the TRS?

Confused as to what this actually means.

Thanks in advance!

Loren

Babyface Pro FS, Cubase Elements 10, Windows 10, Yamaha HS8 & HS8S, electric/acoustic guitarist

2 (edited by ramses 2022-01-04 07:39:08)

Re: Clarification Octamic II +4, -10, Pad

Hi Loren,

No Hi-Z, no PAD..

Inputs: 1 reflevel but adjustable gain
Output: 2 reflevels switchable for all channels at once / per unit

Analog outputs are only for cueing out the signal from the line inputs (no ADAT inputs/routing to analog out).

If you need HiZ, then you need to choose either a RME recording interface which has enough HiZ inputs or a preamp which allows for HiZ: XTC, 12Mic.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13