Topic: Fireface 800 Windows 11 Drivers

Hi,

is it plan to develop windows 11 drivers for the Fireface 800 audio interface?

I would to install windows 11 but if i cannot have my Fireface 800 perfectly functional i cannot install it and i have to stay on Windows 10.

There are some plans about it? I hope in a positive answer.... smile

Thanks and best regards!!
Alex

Re: Fireface 800 Windows 11 Drivers

There are no Windows 11 drivers. Windows 11 = Windows 10, at least for drivers. That easy. And that said I would not install Windows 11 at this time. Windows 11 is a pre-mature piece of unnecessary changes, reduced performance and issue over issue over issue...stay on Windows 10 until it has settled.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The only way I would and have tried win 11 is by dual booting win 10 and win 11. I would never move onto a new os without fully until proven stable with all applications and plugins.

I have just about setup all my applications on win 11 without problems so far but mine is a clean install and no guarantee your would work well. Also I wouldn’t recommend installing win 11 over win 10 as this can cause all sorts of problems. The best option is a clean install.

I would not have attempted this without dual booting. It took me a couple of weeks to get the win 11 boot working how I want it to and I still use win 10 as my primary boot.

If you don’t have the option to dual boot then I stringy recommend you don’t upgrade yet.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

Thanks for answers. I never made upgrade of O/S in the past but always a clean install of new O/S. I have asked about driver because i read on another thread that someone has got problems on windows 11 that doesn't recognize the Fireface 800 with Windows 10 drivers. For now i will stay on Windows 10 for sure but i hope that RME can develop a proper driver for new O/S and doesn't abandon Fireface 800 as it is still a great audio interface.

Thanks and best regards
Alex