Topic: Babyface Pro FS USB C issue

greetings all,

i just got a babyface pro fs to use with ableton 11 suite and my 2021 macbook pro. i downloaded the driver just fine, but for some reason it appears as if ableton won’t detect the interface when i’m plugged in using the included usb-c cable. when i plug in via a usb c hub using the 2.0 cord, totalmix boots up and the interface shows up in ableton. what gives? i want to skip the usb-c hub and work directly with the usb c cable and the babyface fs - obviously this should be doable. any suggestions? thanks a lot - and pardon my ignorance if this is a simple oversight.

2 (edited by waedi 2022-01-08 22:58:54)

Re: Babyface Pro FS USB C issue

First thing i would do, get a new USB-C cable, yours probably is broke.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

First thing i would do, get a new USB-C cable, yours probably is broke.

it’s the cable that came with the babyface. it is brand new. the lights on the unit come on when i plug it in. i just can’t get my daw to see it and it’s doesn’t prompt totalmix to open like the other usb cord does

Then you can arrange an exchange of that original cable via the dealer under warranty.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Have you plugged it in fully? The usb cable clicks in really deep to the bfp fs and it’s easy to think you have plugged it in properly when you haven’t. I’ve done it a couple of times.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

I have read, but can not remember where, that in some cases the usb3 of some usb c outputs do not correctly work with a iusb2 device (like the BF is), the advice is to put a hub between it like you did, so it could be an issue with the usbc chip/driver itself and you already found a workaround.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632