Topic: Fireface USB settings and totalmix not opening when connecting the USB

Hello everyone,

I already contact the RME support who are not aware of this problem, so I take my chance here, if anybody had the same.
Here is my problem :

I bought a new MacBook Pro 2021 14inch to replace my previous one, mid-2012 13inch. I use a Fireface UC, and until the new computer, I always had the Fireface USB settings and the Totalmix opening when I plug the USB connector on computer.
With the new one, it's not the case when I plug the USB C connector. But it's opening if I unplug then plug back the USB B connector on the sound card side.
I read on the net, users complaining about external devices not working on the USB C port since Monterey. It seems to be on the Apple side but I'm not sure that I face the same problem.

Maybe someone here has the same issue ? For now I stay in 12.0 OS version, I hesitate to upgrade to the 12.1, any advice ?

The sound card is in AP mode and I installed the drivers 3.27.
I precise that I tried different cables.

Thank you for your help. If somebody experienced the same issue or have the same setup but without issue I would be pleased to know it.

Vincent.

Re: Fireface USB settings and totalmix not opening when connecting the USB

Did you try with the current firmware 126/138?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I did not, actually I never updated the firmware since I bought the Fireface at least 5 years ago, maybe even more...
Thanks for the advice, good idea! I will try it and keep you posted.

I updated the firmware from 135 to 138 and it solved the problem, thank you so much for the advice!

I noticed this time before upgrading the firmware that when the cable stayed plugged then I made a power cycle, the settings were opening, just for information. But the proper behavior went only after the firmware upgrade.

Thanks again for the help.