Topic: MADIface XT Clocking Issues

Hi all,

I've been having some clocking issues that have come up over the past few months, but have been progressively getting worse this past week, to the point where it's stopping sessions.

I've got a 2019 Mac Pro tower running OSX 11.6.2. It's connected via external PCIe. Firmware 56, driver 1.31.  I'm normally clocking from an Antelope Goliath HD, to the MADIface XT, as well as a Burl Mothership (2x WC BNC outs from the Goliath). Both are connected via MADI to the MADIface XT.

It's been solid for a long time, but lately the MADIface XT randomly pops out of sync and switches sample rates, often causing programs to freeze, or the computer to crash. I've also got clicks and pops coming on channels 165-168 when the Burl is on, although those channels are not used. 

I've tried clocking with the RME as master. Even set to internal clock it still does it. I'm at a loss as to what to try next. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

(I did try to open a support ticket several times through the RME website, but it said the form could not be submitted?)

Thanks!

Re: MADIface XT Clocking Issues

Noise on the unused MADI channels out of the Burl is normal and no real problem.

What software are you using, and does this only happen when using the DAW app?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by TC 2022-01-12 00:48:03)

Re: MADIface XT Clocking Issues

Jeff wrote:

Noise on the unused MADI channels out of the Burl is normal and no real problem.

What software are you using, and does this only happen when using the DAW app?

Hi Jeff,

Thanks very much for the quick response. It was happening even with no DAW running.

I was able to get things stable again, and it has now been running well for the past (almost) 2 days. I ended up installing the USB driver, which I'm thinking reinstalled Totalmix as well. I then connected via USB and it was fine. Connected back to e-PCIe, and haven't had any further issues.

I'm not sure what was causing it, but I'll monitor it over the next few days, and hopefully all is well.

Thanks again!