1 (edited by pmoule 2022-01-13 16:02:12)

Topic: Changing sample rate with the Digiface USB

Hi there,

I have a question about changing sample rates for playback in combination with the Digiface USB.

My Setup:
I use a Digiface USB with Reaper in a Windows 10 context. A clock source with fixed sample rate of 192 kHz is connected to the Digiface => Digiface is slave. Synchronisation is fine. In Reaper I use the ASIO driver for the Digiface. In the interfaces' settings I checked WDM device "Phones" for being seen as playback devices in Windows. Everything is working fine.

Proceeding:
As the Digiface does not support sample rate conversion, I record at a sample rate of 192 kHz too.
I'd like to go down to 48 kHz after recording, so I convert all my recordings. Fine so far. For playing these
converted files in Reaper, I have to change playback sample rate to 48 kHz. Playback works fine too.

Effect:
Due to Sample Multiplexing, the amount of available Digiface channels changes from 8 (192 kHz / Quad Speed) to
32 (48 kHz / Single Speed) when I change sample rate for playback with the Digiface.

The checkmark for the WDM device then changes from "Phones" to "ADAT (9+10)" in the Digiface's settings. This is somehow annoying,as I have to change this too afterwards. Just a not required step. Same happens in Reaper. the configured output devices changes from "Phones 1/2" to "ADAT 9/10".

My question:
Is this an issue of the Digiface's settings? Changing the sample rate is a valid use case, so I would expect
configured / checked WDM devices would stay the same - at least as long as same identifiers are still existing after changing sample rate.

Any thoughts on that?

btw. The Reaper issue may have the same cause, but this should be solved in Reaper I guess.

Thanks & kind regards
Patrick

Re: Changing sample rate with the Digiface USB

If you route 9-10 to phones in totalmix, you will not have to change it. The same thing happens but your output stay routed to phones.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Re: Changing sample rate with the Digiface USB

vinark wrote:

If you route 9-10 to phones in totalmix, you will not have to change it. The same thing happens but your output stay routed to phones.

Thanks a lot @vinark smile
Works like a charm for Windows and Reaper and makes things much more simple.