1 (edited by maltefrye 2022-01-15 15:53:29)

Topic: Input Sensitivity Amplifier

Dear community,

I am completely new to this forum and am considering to purchase an Adi 2 Dac FS. I found a few postings related to clipping and input sensitivity of the connected amp. Most likely I won't use the DAC as a preamp in my setting.

Are the following specs of my Creek Evo 50 sufficient to avoid this issue using Ref Level 13dBu and Volume set to 0? Of course I know about the possibilities of Auto Ref Level, attenuators, etc.

Input sensitivity: 410mV
Max input voltage: 5.4V and 10.8V RMS

Thanks
M.

Re: Input Sensitivity Amplifier

10.8V RMS is 22.9dBu
5.4V RMS is 16.9dBu

so yes, you won't find any issues when using 13dBu, even with intersample peak taken into account.

3 (edited by KaiS 2022-01-15 18:01:50)

maltefrye wrote:

... am considering to purchase an Adi 2 Dac FS. I found a few postings related to clipping and input sensitivity of the connected amp. Most likely I won't use the DAC as a preamp in my setting.

Are the following specs of my Creek Evo 50 sufficient to avoid this issue using Ref Level 13dBu and Volume set to 0? Of course I know about the possibilities of Auto Ref Level, attenuators, etc.

Input sensitivity: 410mV
Max input voltage: 5.4V and 10.8V RMS

No problems ahead, ADI-2 DAC can behave like any other HiFi source, i.e. a classical CD-player.

ADI-2’s analog reference level switching option allows adaption to any usual audio environment while maintaining full quality.

Thanks for your helpful support.

Best
M.