Topic: FF 400/Presonus 8ch Digimax……..Can’t get ADAT inputs working

I have a Fireface 400. Mac Mini. FireWire connection OSX Cubase 11
I am trying to link my Presonus  8 channel Digimax as an In device connected to the FF via ADAT.
In Cubase the connections are showing up apart from input 6?
I have Bandwidth limit on “Analog”  in the Fireface settings.
I have a mic -plugged into input 3 of the Digimax and its showing on the LED’s
Any other ideas?
Thanks
Tim Hinkley
wwww.timhinkley.com

Re: FF 400/Presonus 8ch Digimax……..Can’t get ADAT inputs working

OK I discovered that the Digimax was plugged into the optical ADAT output.
Ive now plugged the ADAT output of the Digimax into the optical ADAT ‘in’ socket on the FF.
Now I’m getting signal in TOTAL MIX on ADAT 3/4
How do I get the signal to route to Cubase?

Via the Firewire ASIO driver ... HW inputs are always passed through to the DAW.
You only need to map all / the proper channels in your DAW project.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Madkeys wrote:

OK I discovered that the Digimax was plugged into the optical ADAT output.
Ive now plugged the ADAT output of the Digimax into the optical ADAT ‘in’ socket on the FF.
Now I’m getting signal in TOTAL MIX on ADAT 3/4
How do I get the signal to route to Cubase?

If the signal is not in the cubase VST connections input 3/4 then check input channels 5/6.
The Fireface setting SPDIF to optical can cause such shift.
May you also check the Cubase VST connections for having those input channels enabled.
The Mac CoreAudio driver provides the signals directly to the DAW, no further routing needed, same as under ASIO in Windows.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

The signal is appearing in TOTAL MIX on ADAT 3/4 in both hardware input and hardware playback but it does not appear in the main fader out or anywhere in Cubase. Are there specific connections in Cubase studio? I have tried all 18 inputs showing there as Fireface 400 (1B4) 1 through 18. I’m stumped?

Madkeys wrote:

The signal is appearing in TOTAL MIX on ADAT 3/4 in both hardware input and hardware playback but it does not appear in the main fader out or anywhere in Cubase. Are there specific connections in Cubase studio? I have tried all 18 inputs showing there as Fireface 400 (1B4) 1 through 18. I’m stumped?

What do you mean with "hardware playback" ?
In Totalmix there is the top row chanels called hardware inputs, only there should your signal appear unless you do some routing.
The middle row of channels in Totalmix are the software playback channels, signal from Cubase or any software is there.
The third row on the bottom of Totalmix are the hardware outputs, there is signal visible only when it is routed there.

There is probably something not yet ok in Cubase. There are no special specific connections, they are the VST input and output connections, you can give individual names to those channels and enable them for Cubase.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

What is very odd is this:
I loaded up Logic Pro 10. The input from the Digimax via ADAT came up on input 13. Signal was fine.
So I loaded up Cubase 11 and tried input 13…nothing.
So yes, it must be Cubase that is the problem.
Over to the Steinberg forums…although unlike here, the replies are few and far :-o