Topic: [Solved] Weird panning bug Babyface Pro/TotalMix

Everything used to be working fine, but suddenly the AN1/2 output started automatically panning to hard left. If I try to pan it back to center it just changes the setting back. If I divide the channels to mono, the left channel works fine, but the right one just dials back to zero. For a short moment the signal goes to the R channel, so the channel should be fine. Makes no difference if I adjust the volume from the unit or from TotalMix. On the unit it shows only the level of the left channel rising correspondingly.

I've tried it with and without the optical cables plugged in. I've turned everything on and off, updated driver and flash to the latest versions. I've changed the operational mode. Am I missing something or is my unit broken?

All the other channels are fine and for the few tracking sessions in the next few days I should be able to cope with headphones, but obviously this needs to be addressed asap.

I'm on High Sierra, MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Re: [Solved] Weird panning bug Babyface Pro/TotalMix

Open the system sound settings - looks like something tries to take control of master volume and annoys the BF. The usual culprits like Skype come to mind...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: [Solved] Weird panning bug Babyface Pro/TotalMix

Thanks, you were right! Traced the problem to another app controlling the system pan pot...