1 (edited by Nyah2018 2022-01-17 03:59:33)

Topic: Hammerfall HDSPe Expresscard 34 mm to usb adapter

I have an old Multiface that I'd like to again use. Are there any reliable Expresscard 34 mm to usb adapters that I can use to connect the Hammerfall HDSPe Express Card to a newer MacBook Pro?

Nyah2018
2021 M1 Max 14.1.1, 2015 13" MacBook Pro, Intel i7,
UFX+, Multiface, ARC USB, Logic, GP

Re: Hammerfall HDSPe Expresscard 34 mm to usb adapter

No way. And even the workarounds are no longer available. Like using an external PCIe to TB chassis, using a CardBus to PCIe adapter card. You might have more luck buying a HDSPe PCI card used...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks replying, Mathias. My hope was to have it available for mobile use in another country when i was there, without having to transport my rack. Well, I guess it's back to retirement for the perfectly good Multiface...unless I decide to use it with a desktop.

Nyah2018

Using it with a desktop requires the HDSPe PCI card. If you have that you can buy a TB to PCIe chassis and go...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I think I have one! First RME product ever purchased back when I was a PC user. Packaged up for sale but the buyer backed out so it's sitting in a box somewhere. Away from home right now but will definitely be tracking it down ASAP. Thanks!

Nyah2018