1 (edited by brad1138 2022-01-18 21:25:49)

Topic: ADI-2 DAC fs listed twice in Device Manager

I just did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 on my laptop that I use solely for FLAC files with Foobar 2000.

I completed all Windows 10 updates before connecting the DAC & installing Foobar and the control app.

It is working fine, but I noticed it is listed twice in device manager. Once where it should be in "Sound..." and in "Other devices" flagged with an issue.

It is working fine, so I guess maybe I just shouldn't worry about it. But that isn't me, it bugs me.

Any ideas?

Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/wCENeUj.png

Re: ADI-2 DAC fs listed twice in Device Manager

I just discovered mine is listed in my device manager three times. (2x under Audio inputs and outputs and 1x under sound, video and game controllers). Not sure how I can go on listening to it now. Guess I will have to return it.

3 (edited by brad1138 2022-01-20 05:03:35)

04gto wrote:

I just discovered mine is listed in my device manager three times. (2x under Audio inputs and outputs and 1x under sound, video and game controllers). Not sure how I can go on listening to it now. Guess I will have to return it.

The pain is real...  wink

Point taken, I guess I won't worry about it. Potentially having "errors" anywhere near the audio path just bugs me though.

it's there most probably for firmware updates. it has nothing to do with audio.

Correct, and fully normal if you run it on Windows own drivers.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME