Topic: SRC options?

Hi forum,

I'm looking around for options that would allow me to work in my DAW at various sample rates (tends to be 48k, but it's a bit project dependent) while also having the option of being able to use external gear such as the UA OX, which is fixed at 44.1k and doesn't support (afaik) external clocking.

I have the Babyface Pro FS as well as the ADI-2 FS (not Pro), and was hoping that I could use the ADI-2 for converting from one sample rate to another, but either that's simply not possible or I'm not figuring out how to get it to work.

Any suggestions for how to go about this?

2 (edited by ramses 2022-01-19 19:26:32)

Re: SRC options?

Only the Pro has a SRC .. model differences, see e.g. here in my blog:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … ses-EN-DE/

Solutions:

a) Upgrade to a Pro model
b) make external device to clock master and record in it's fixed clock speed
c) if your external device support analog ports, then use analog ports instead of digital ports

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Only the Pro has a SRC .. model differences, see e.g. here in my blog:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … ses-EN-DE/

Solutions:

a) Upgrade to a Pro model
b) make external device to clock master and record in it's fixed clock speed
c) if your external device support analog ports, then use analog ports instead of digital ports

Thanks Ramses - great article btw. OK, now I'm regretting not going for the 'Pro' version in the first place. Oh well. Out of all the USB devices, including the UCX II, UFX+, etc., do none of them have this ability?

4 (edited by ramses 2022-01-19 20:15:13)

Thanks smile No, thats the only device with a SRC.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

You could surely sell the DAC for a good price according to the usual delivery situation nowadays and upgrade to a Pro.