Topic: HDSPe AIO Pro - no AI4S/AO4S?

I just noticed that the new AIO Pro, which according to RME should be the successor of the AIO, has no connector for the AI4S/AO4S. And I also find no info on the RME website about these analog expansion boards.
Does anyone know if new analog expansion boards are planned? Otherwise I would see the new AIO Pro as a significant downgrade to the old AIO - a few decibels more SNR but in exchange to that only 2 analog I/Os instead of 6???

Re: HDSPe AIO Pro - no AI4S/AO4S?

Use ADAT I/O for more channels via external AD/DA conversion. Or SPDIF and AES (4 more channels even atv 192 kHz). The former boards would not have been possible at this new performance level without a complete and expensive redesign (including galvanical isolation).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: HDSPe AIO Pro - no AI4S/AO4S?

MC wrote:

Use ADAT I/O for more channels via external AD/DA conversion. Or SPDIF and AES (4 more channels even atv 192 kHz). The former boards would not have been possible at this new performance level without a complete and expensive redesign (including galvanical isolation).

I do not intend to steal the post but could you collaborate on expanding (analog/external)i/o of the aio pro card? I've bought mine a few months ago and need a minimum of 4 more balanced in/out but unsure how to solve this issue as I lack knowledge on the digital side. Right now I use the balanced breakout cable only and would like to utilize digital i/o while keeping the quality of ad/da convertion that aio pro offers.