Topic: What a nice home studio

Could you please integrate this into the next upcoming UFX+++++ ? ;-) ;-)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1486810949621268490

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: What a nice home studio

Nice crib. So Vai is using tape in some way? And NS10s to listen.

Stuck in the eighties I guess.

But he can afford it.

Anybody an idea what desk that is?

ramses wrote:

Could you please integrate this into the next upcoming UFX+++++ ? ;-) ;-)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1486810949621268490

Do you mean integrate Steve Vai in the UFX+++++? big_smile
  -Hey, Steve! I want a solo for this part, can you do anything?
  -Sure, got a pick?

Thanks for the link, Ramses!!

@NoisyNarrowBandDevice
It's a custom one, based around 500modules, so he can swap whatever he likes, in and out!
He talks about it, here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5D0FfQkDWg  around 6:20 mark!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

4 (edited by ramses 2022-02-03 12:53:40)

Was meant as a little joke .. I am pretty sure you know my position about VST/VSTi in TMFX wink
But in fact - playing guitar myself - I was impressed about his studio full of nice things for a guitar virtuoso like him.
You see there also a reel to reel .. Thought maybe nice to see for some other ppl as well.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Yes!!
Please, don't get me wrong! I got the joke the first time! And tried to make a joke, too! smile

Ramses wrote:

I am pretty sure you know my position about VST/VSTi in TMFX

Yep! And I think the same as you!! smile

Ramses wrote:

You see there also a reel to reel .. Thought maybe nice to see for some other ppl as well.

Yeah, great thought!
I 'm, also, impressed with his studio! Great collection of gear!!

Esp the reel-to-reel made me think about VSTs and as next step the joke to propose to put not only that but the whole studio  into a RME product wink A task for UAD in 30y when they release quicker DSPs again wink

Ha, ha!
Even if we 'll be using quantum computers in thirty years, UAD wil still be using the same DSP chips, as now, I think! smile smile

Did you hear about KFA Jülich in Germany ? They got a Quantum Computer.
There was a report on TV about it.
And I found information about it which is somehow funny to read.

Researchers are struggling with the fact that qubits are not stable. Every slightest disturbance destroys their quantum state. So they have to be shielded against vibrations, magnetic and electric fields and all other possible external influences.
But no matter how well the researchers and engineers manage the shielding, qubits always remain stable for only fractions of a second. So the calculations have to be completed in that time. To build truly powerful and practical quantum computers, researchers need to further increase the number of qubits working together while reducing their error-proneness. Only in this way can the calculations be completed quickly before the qubits are out of control.

With a quantum computer you need to mix / listen to music faster wink wink

Ramses wrote:

Did you hear about KFA Jülich in Germany ?

No, I hadn' t! But thanks for mentioning, because I found a press release, here:
https://kfa-juelich.de/portal/EN/Press/ … _node.html

Ramses wrote:

With a quantum computer you need to mix / listen to music faster

Haa, ha! We need to develop some skills, then! smile smile
Or we can be mixing and listening faster and slower, simultaneously..! big_smile