Topic: AVB Tool clock synchronisation

Is possible AVB Tool receive signal 192k or 96k  from MADI (sync via MADI or Word Clock) and sent 48k signal on AVB?

Re: AVB Tool clock synchronisation

For something like this you would need a sample rate converter.
The manual doesn't tell anything about such a feature.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Plain synchronization (clocking) should be possible, because a 192k or 96k S/Mux signal is in fact a 48k signal, so you can force the AVB Tool to think it receives 48k MADI and pass that on over AVB. But the audio will not be sample rate converted, so you cannot use it for audio transmission, as ramses said: you need an SRC for that.
Can you describe your use case in more detail?

4 (edited by arekstrojek 2022-01-31 21:06:12)

Sorry guys. My english is bad and I have difficulty to describe my case.
I have Presonus StudioLive 32R. It is great for personal headphone monitoring (QMix-UC is the best), but audio quality isn't enough for me. For example I consider this configuration:
- RME Fireface UFX+ --(MADI 96k)--> M-1610Pro --> 12Mic --> AVBTool -->(back to UFX+)
and UFX+ --(USB3) --> DAW (record)
and (simultaneously) AVBTool -- (AVB - 32 chanels 48k)--> Presonus SL32R (monitoring only) -->8x stereo IEM(8x QMix-UC - individual controll).
TotalMix Remote is good, but don't have android phone version and isn't that user frendly like QMix (IMO).

5 (edited by damarco 2022-01-31 21:31:52)

Nein das geht nicht, da dass AVB-Tool kein SRC (Sample Rate Converter) besitzt. Du müsstest das 96k MADI auf 48k MADI Konvertieren bevor es in das AVB-Tool geht.  Ein SRC bringt aber wieder zwangsweise mehr Latenz und davon gibt es deinem Aufbau genug.

Das einfachste wäre alles auf 48khz zu stellen. Sinngemäß wäre dies auch die Antwort von Max.

No, that's not possible, because the AVB tool doesn't have an SRC (Sample Rate Converter). You would need to convert the 96k MADI to 48k MADI before it goes into the AVB tool. However, an SRC inevitably brings more latency and your setup has enough of that.

The easiest would be to set everything to 48khz. This would also be Max's answer.