Topic: Audio Driver BBF PRO FS w/Live 11

Hi guys, I hope that's yall well and doing great music.
I'm using Windows 10, BBF Pro FS and Live 11.
I feel that with MME Direct X the audio have more depth and with ASIO the sound is trapped and digital, but when Im using MME Direct X after some minuts the audio starts crashing with digital clips, to fix it I need unplug the usb c cable and put back again, then select again the MME driver.
What would be the configuration for use the MME without this problem?

Anyone can notice this diference between MME and ASIO?
Is like open a vst and a analog synth, to my ears analog have a depth that digital vst can't reach inside the daw, the speakers seems to jump with the wave in a best way with analog source. I already feel some improvements with vsts in standalone, then recorded through total mix to a input channel in live 11, but still dont reach the same analog quality.

Anyway, my goal now is make my sessions with MME driver without this crashes.

Computer Specs:
Asus ROG Strix B550 E Gaming
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79ghz
16GB DDR4
Radeon RX550 (Im not gaming, just making music)

Fireface USB Specs:
512 samples
48khz
xlr out+19dbu

Live 11 Specs:
MME DirectX
Analog 3+4 Wave (DX Options doesnt work)
48khz HQ Sample Rate
Input buffer size 912 samples
Output buffer size 4096 samples

2 (edited by ramses 2022-02-01 09:41:19)

Re: Audio Driver BBF PRO FS w/Live 11

> Anyone can notice this diference between MME and ASIO?

The Windows 10 audio subsystem contains audio enhancements, maybe you enabled something that alters the sound and fools you / makes you think it sounds better. See e.g. here: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/sound-enh … indows-10/

You also need to pay attention to compare at exactly the same volume levels, because for our ears louder sounds better, therefore the loudness war in the music industry.

With ASIO you fully bypass the Windows sound system and have best sound quality at lowest latencies. This is your true sound, the other one only a modified / boosted sound.

For audio processing you should always use the ASIO driver of your recording interface and not a windows audio driver!

In case you play through virtual instruments (VSTi) - be in in a DAW or standalone - you need to pay attention to latency:
At single speed (44.1/48 kHz) use ASIO buffersizes not higher than 128 (or 256).
An ASIO buffersize of 256@44.1 could be too high in cases when playing a guitar through a virtual amp where you have the full RTL (round trip latency) which means: A/D conversion, time for transport over USB and back, processing time in the computer, D/A.

When playing a synth through MIDI keyboard then you do not have A/D conversion, this saves for your Babyface Pro FS - which has very fast converters - 5 samples = 0.11/0.10ms @44.1/48 kHz. In this case an ASIO buffersize of 256 might also be sufficient giving you more safety in terms of audio drops (before the near realtime audio processing load for your system becomes too high).

Higher ASIO buffersizes than 256 you use when recording, where you do not need a monitoring in near realtime so to say when playing through a VSTi.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13