Topic: Digiface USB and SSL XL Logic Delta-Link

I have the Legacy model of the SSL XL Logic Alpha Link Madi/Adat version.I am using the RME Digiface USB into a 2017 iMac Pro running Studio One 5.
I can get audio in to the Mac but cannot route the audio back through the Digiface and into the SSL Unit.
Could anybody advise me on this please.

Thanks

David Gray

Re: Digiface USB and SSL XL Logic Delta-Link

If audio arrives in one of the input channels, then you need to route it there to another output which is still free.
This audio arrives then in TM FX middle row under SW playbacks and can be routed to any HW output (submix) as you need.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Many thanks for your reply.
I get the outputs working by taking the optical output from Digiface to an old MOTU micpre.
I can not get the light pipe output from the computerDAW through the Digiface into the SSL and make that work.

Thanks again

David

Check which protocol is needed on the other side, either ADAT or SPDIF.
In the RME driver settings of the Digiface USB you can set for each of the four ADAT ports either ADAT or SPDIF.
This is an unique feature of this card, to allow up to 4x optical SPDIF, normally only 1 ADAT port can be switched to optical SPDIF.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13